Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Bluetooth connection won't work on my labtop help

connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shaba7

shaba7

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

hi everyone

i was wondering if you could help me with this problem

i wrote a code that will support the communication between a cell phone and a computer, so far i used the PC from the university and it worked i was
able to discover some devices and get their mac address and some additional info, the PC is working on windows XP and i used a Bluetooth dongle and
i added the 32feet lib,oh i am using MS visual studio 2008 platform

my problem is that when i tryied to run it on my labtop it didn't work it gave an error "No supported Bluetooth protocol stack found" i tried the latest 32feet lib and the one that i used for the PC still error"32feet.NET does not support the Bluetooth stack on this device.", i was working on the on board bluetooth chip, so i thought that was the problem so i disabled this adapter and used the dongle still the same, my labtop is toshiba runs on windows vista, this is the code that gave the error

InTheHand.Net.Sockets.BluetoothClient bc = new InTheHand.Net.Sockets.BluetoothClient();

will what i am trying to do is use the on board chip and the dongle to discover and communicate with maximum number of devices, i know that the bluetooth only support seven active devices to communicate with(i don't know why maybe you have the answer), i thought that this way will do the job because it uses multi stack and so on,if you have another way to support communication with more than seven please tell me.

please help any comment will help

thanx :) :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download