• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 zeinir

zeinir

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

I am a teen with an interest for programming. However, i just do not know where to start, HTML5 and CSS3 were just too easy, and C# is a bit above me. Any ideas?

#2 brooks

brooks

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

maybe take a look at python? its known for being very easy to use but there's a lot of depth in what you can do with it. is there a particular type of programming you're interested in?

#3 zeinir

zeinir

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:13 PM

Web design mostly, i would be diving into PHP but my wamp server wont work and I don't feel like paying for a hosting service. I played around with python as a kid but i could never make anything useful with it, just a couple of spamming programs and a basic captcha decoder.

#4 Willum

Willum

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:14 PM

PHP isn't actually a programming language, but its great to wet your feet in. It has a lot of programming aspects to it. I'm a web developer, and on local environments I use a program called XAMPP. It's almost the same thing as WAMP I think, but its in an easy to use .exe. You just run the program and start up the service. Place the file in the xampp folder, and your good to go! Give it a try:
apache friends - xampp for windows

Also, a great place to look for tutorials on PHP is this guy, if you don't mind video tutorials:
phpacademy's Channel - YouTube

He explains really well, and has a forum so you can ask questions if you don't understand things. Good luck!

#5 zeinir

zeinir

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

PHP isn't actually a programming language, but its great to wet your feet in. It has a lot of programming aspects to it.

Do you mind explaining this a little more? I don't think i get where you are coming from, but thanks for the video tuts. I'll try XAMPP when i get back to my home computer.

#6 logicPwn

logicPwn

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Lua, Others
  • Learning:C++, Objective-C, Assembly

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

PHP is a programming language. Just to clarify. HTML and CSS is not.

I taught myself programming 8 years ago. I am 21-years-old now. I started with AutoIt. It's a scripting language and mainly used for automating forms and your webbrowser but it has some power to it. Has a GUI editor so you can create some forms for your app.

Check it out @: AutoIt - AutoItScript

#7 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 16,912 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Welcome aboard! JavaScript and PHP seem like natural stepping stones from what you've learned already.
Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

#8 Rakso

Rakso

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Programming Language:Java
  • Learning:Java, C++

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:12 AM

Welcome to CodeCall!
Was my post useful? Please take your time and press the Like This button below my post, Big Thanks!

#9 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Python, PL/SQL

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

Welcome to Codecall, zeinir!