Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Make a program send emails?

send email

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AfroJack

AfroJack

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hello, I've created a GUI and I'm looking to send an email confirmation, when the user clicks enter. Basically it's a competition, and they fill out a form and hit enter. I'm looking to send the email they added in the form an email, with confirmation of their information/choices.. I've no idea how to go about starting this, but I would love to be able to add this to all my programs for college to improve marks, if it isn't too much hassle. Any help will be much appreciated, thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I've googled it there, and I've gotten some code, however javax.mail.*; isn't a package ? when I type javax., and look through the packages, it's nowhere to be found?

Anyways I'm off for the night, I'll be on in around 7 or 8 hours, I'll leave it with all you brainboxes! :D

#2 gregwarner

gregwarner

Obi Wan of Programming

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1586 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Transact-SQL

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:40 PM

javax.mail.* is part of the Java EE SDK. If you've only installed the Java SE SDK, you won't have it.
If you have an SMTP (email) server you can send mail with, you could Google how to write an SMTP client in Java. I'm sure there are already pre-built packages out there just for this. Pick your favorite and use that. Just my suggestion.

ti-99-sig.png
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
– Douglas Hofstadter, Gödel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: send email

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download