Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

Mentoring me???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ///ViNcE

///ViNcE

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Is there anyone around that would be able to take the time to mentor me on programming??? I'm trying to learn C++ & it's hard trying to learn about something while confused.

#2 lespauled

lespauled

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Bash

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:10 AM

The best bet is to post specific questions here AFTER trying things yourself. When you get stuck on something, post what code you have and ask questions based on that.

#3 ///ViNcE

///ViNcE

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

That's the thing, I barley get my question answered which is sad on my end but I guess I got to try to outreach everywhere.

#4 Alexander

Alexander

I do have 9 lives, you know.

• 3,836 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

People learn differently, this is usually where school excels with a structured environment and peers to work or compare against. Sometimes learning it as a hobby is just hard, especially regarding programming. There may be IRC chats that programmers are on for some form of mentoring as well.

You may find someone here in the request forum I have moved the thread to, I've not seen too many people ask for mentoring lately however there is always a chance.
Alexander.
Be sure to check out the new site additions - brought to you by your friendly CODECALL staff-person.
If a suggested code/method fails, informing us is less important than telling us why or what errors had occurred.

#5 CurlyBonesHopkins

CurlyBonesHopkins

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

I find that school is an excellent environment, not just because of professors or classes but other students who have similar interests who will help you

#6 logicPwn

logicPwn

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Lua, Others
  • Learning:C++, Objective-C, Assembly

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

If your interested in learning C#, then hit me up on Windows Live Messenger. My add is tlokzz90@gmail.com

#7 ///ViNcE

///ViNcE

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

With school, I've got stuff on hold like actually getting to a school.

Sounds like a plan Logic :)

#8 logicPwn

logicPwn

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, PHP, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Lua, Others
  • Learning:C++, Objective-C, Assembly

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

Accepted :)