Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

how to show diacritics in a html page from javascript file

HTML

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mariangurdegir

mariangurdegir

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hello. I am having some problems with something probably very easy...but it seems not for me. I have a JS file with the date (day, month, time) and in a webpage it shows that. Well, with normal characters for the english page, it works fine. For the turkish page, the diacritics are not showed. What and how do i have to do so i can see the diacritics from the javascript file in my webpage? Thanks and sorry if i'm being to stupid to ask this question :)

#2 mebob

mebob

CC Devotee

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, Assembly
  • Learning:PHP

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

This is the wrong place for your question; you are asking about Javascript, but this is the forum for Java. Please see the "Javascript and CSS" forum.
Latinamne loqueris?

#3 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:00 PM

Note: I had moved the thread to the appropriate section.

You would probably want to set all web page headers to UTF-8, provided the JS file is saved in a UTF-like format.

Try adding this within the <head> section of your web page showing the JS:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
This should hint the browser to switch to a mode that can display more characters. If the diacritics are still question mark symbols or boxes, feel free to reply with a little more information.

Alexander.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download