Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Importing User Project Code (Web Application Project)

runtime import

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LukeyJ

LukeyJ

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

Hi all,

I'm building a web application project for a webpage. I'm building basic functionality such as page logic and a login system.

I've developed a login system with jdbc in a seperate eclipse project as a version 1.0. I'd like use the code from the login system by creating a dependency or importing a jar file to aid in code reuse rather than copying and pasting the code and having multiple versions in different projects.

I have exporting the code for the login system to a jar. I have imported it. Previously, I created a dependency on the other project. I'm having no luck though. I keep getting a NoClassDefFoundError. This suggests it was available at compile time but not runtime. I'm aware that I need the class in the web-inf\lib folder but this process does not resolve the issue. I'm not entirely sure I'm exporting or reusing the code in the correct way.

I'm really struggling to resolve this and it is an area of weakness for myself. I'd like to persist and solve this to really development work in future.

Any advice on how to resolve this build path or import problem would be fantastic.

Regards,

Luke

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Fixed this. It has took me over a week, but I found a useful site suggesting to change the deployment assembly options so that items in the build path are deployed correctly on build.

Really delighted this works now. I assumed it was automatic after I had added the jar to the build path.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: runtime, import

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download