Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

XML using C#

combobox xml

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tonchi

Tonchi

Helping the world with programming

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1249 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, Others
  • Learning:C, C++, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL, Assembly

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:08 AM

hello,
i need a help. i working on one project which contains xml document. i totally forgot how to use XMLDocument class so what i need is few examples how to solve my problem.
let's imagine that i have 3 textbox controls on my form and i need to write some numeric value to them and when i click button it will store those values to some parent element in xml document (which exist). after that i need to read those values into listview control.
that's the first problem

the second one is that on a second form i have two combobox controls which contains values of parental element in xml document and when i chose the values from both comboboxes i need to show their values (entered from those texboxes) to have a visual compare of those 2 parental elements.

and the last problem is how too update some parent element in xml.
let's imagine that i have next xml code:

<Parent>
  <Child1></Child1>
  <Child2></Child2>
  <Child3></Child3>
  <Child4></Child4>
</Parent>

so as i said i need to store values from 3 textboxes on first form in Child1, Child2 and Child3 and after that i will go to some other form and enter a value in other textbox and when i press button it will store in the same Parent element but at Child3 subelement

that's my problem so i will be thankful if someone gives my few examples for every problem that i have

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download