Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How to import and export data?

import

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RajeshSingh

RajeshSingh

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 07:39 AM

Hello Everyone,
I have been facing a problem since last two days, actually i want to import some data from a file (file can be csv, txt, sql, xls etc) and after some filtration, export it into csv file. Basically i want to know whether a tool which provides an environment to import different types of file or data where we can perform filtration of data with the help of sql query and then data could be save into file(file can be csv, txt, sql, xls etc).

Please give me your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance!!

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

The answer is going to depend a LOT on the source format, the types of filtering to be done, the platform you'll do this on, etc.

You can probably create an ODBC connection to a CSV file and do some types of filtering via SQL, but it really depends.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 SomeshBatra

SomeshBatra

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

Hey RajeshSingh,
The best option to resolve this problem is MS-Excel and MSSQL Server. Because of they have facility to import and export data in csv file yet if you want to use any tool to resolve this problem then there are lots of tool in the market which performed data conversion task. Download MindStick DataConverter tool, its helped in data conversion.

Download Link: MindStick-Unleash Your Imagination
I hope it might be helpful for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download