Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Building a sipmple OS with Javascript, CSS and HTML5

HTML5 HTML CSS html5

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nuribruner

nuribruner

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hello CODECALL,

I'm interested in building a OS completely cloud based and built with languages that even the worse computer could handle (Javascript HTML5 CSS), my goal would be to allow anyone to use it for free.

Heres what I'm thinking

Basically, you'ed have a VERY simple suite of apps, maybe a game or two and some word processing or something, and every time you'ed make a change a JS file would be saved to your computer (or most likly you'ed chose to download it when your done with your editing), and when you wanted to get back on all you'ed do was upload the recently saved JS file and all your stuff would be up and running. It would be great for public computers, all you'ed need would be a flash drive and you could upload it anywhere.

I know it's not completely practical (at least you don't have to worry about logging in, and a server) you would still need some sort of OS to run it in the first place, but thats my goal and I'd love if you guy's would help me.

Nuri Bruner

#2 Gikoskos

Gikoskos

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

I dont know a lot about web design and programming; maybe just the basics, but it sound like a nice project
and i would like to know about how it turns out:)

#3 voral

voral

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

offtopic mode on

Linux in a webbrowser. Javascript PC Emulator By Fabrice Bellard.
Javascript PC Emulator - Technical Notes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HTML5, HTML, CSS, html5

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download