Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How to create ScrollPane?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 toto_7

toto_7

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

Hello,

I need help with JScrollPane because never used it before. Need to add a JScrollPane in my panel in order to can see new items that getting out of GUI edges. I have a JPanel that contains an ArrayList, that list contains moves that player making step by step. So, as my GUI it is I can see just the first 5-6 moves, the rest are not visible. Found some tutorials in the Internet, tried them but didn't do anything. Can anyone please help me with the right way? I need a vertical scroll bar inside a JPanel that contains an ArrayList.

Thank you
toto_7

"Programming is like **. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

-Michael Sinz

#2 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, Python, PL/SQL

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Which part(s) exactly is not working? Getting the ScrollPane up? It is up but it is not scrolling/autoscrolling. Putting an ArrayList inside of the ScrollPane :confused:
Did you look here.

#3 toto_7

toto_7

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

All I achieved were to put a scroll bar but was inactivated and didn't activate when moves getting out of GUI. No, no putting ArrayList in the ScrollPane. Put ScrollPane in JPanel that contains an ArrayList(JTextArea)

"Programming is like **. One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

-Michael Sinz

#4 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

I'm sorry but I am trying not to misunderstand you. Could you restate that a bit more clear. ;)

#5 toto_7

toto_7

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:57 PM

Sure, firstly please tell me, on which components you can add a scroll bar? All of them?

-Michael Sinz

#6 fread

fread

Programming God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:01 PM

I'm not sure of the exact list. But i have used them on Text areas before. The link in my earlier post has an example with a picture. You can view the java docs for the specifics.

#7 toto_7

toto_7

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

I have JTextArea too. I will check the link again..thanks fread

-Michael Sinz

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download