Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

PHP Subscription / Session Advice

session

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iamchristill

iamchristill

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Hi,

I am in the process of designing/creating a web app that users can submit a request for an item. Then, companies who are paying a monthly subscription repsond to that request with a price quote.

I have never created anything this complex before and I am really struggling with working out the best way to go about the members paying. I have seen several services that allow a private area and subscription processing. However for what I am doing each companies account will have to be unique so when they quote the customer sees its from them.

Does anybody have any advice as to the best way to go about this? This is a huge learning experience for me and any help would be much appreciated.

Any questions about the project please ask.

Thanks

Chris

#2 Eieio

Eieio

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

So kind of like amazon? Except you are the middle man.

There are going to be a lot of good ways to go about this... and a lot of bad ways to go about this. Some will be better than others... and some will be worse. Don't worry, what ever way you choose will not be the best way.

With that said answer these questions so I can give you a better answer afterward:

Where are you going to get the information to list the product? (For example: knives, computers, usbs, cameras, video games, and of course... condoms) :P

Will you let the companies list new items?

How will you earn money? (I assume the subscriptions for the companies will be your main source of income)

What features are you going to have?

Other questions to think about, but don't have to answer:

How are you going to advertise the website?

Are you going to get help or hire anyone?

Website security?

Secure payment method?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: session

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download