Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a way to create a mailform in HTML without the "mailto:" action?

HTML

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 guidol92

guidol92

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

I'm brand new into html so here I go...

I want to create a mailform in html, without the "mailto:" action. Aka: I want the action to be just a "Submit" and then directly send it to an e-mail.

I looked online and the only way I found to do this is via PHP...since PHP process the data.

is there any other way of performing this action without using PHP ? (if you need to see my code I can post it)

Thank you,

#2 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

Well, the other way is using asp.net or jsp...
You need to have a server side script to send email without the mailto
php, asp.net or jsp, it's all the same thing.
But this script is fairly easy, so you will find this code so you won't have to code it

#3 bbqroast

bbqroast

Codecall Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

The thing is, some server has to send the email and accept responsibility for that email. For example I might use the server I have in the family laundry room (which has a SMTP server) anyway you will need to program a SSI script- PHP is a good option.
Please, write clearly with proper structure. Double spacing makes the text feel un-jointed, Capitalizing Every Word Means People Stop Before Every Word Sub-Consciously Which Is A Pain In The Backside, and use code tags! (The right most styling box).

#4 iamchristill

iamchristill

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

The easiest way by far is to use php. I recently created a quick tutorial for exactly what you are looking for. You can view it here PHP Email Form Tutorial : iamchristill.com

Let me know if you have any questions / problems.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download