Print specific values from dictionary with a specific key name
Siten0308 - Jun 20 2019 01:43 PM
How to make code run differently depending on the platform it is running on?
xarzu - Apr 05 2019 09:17 AM
Recent Blog Entries
Recent Status Updates
- Managed C++
- Visual Basic 4 / 5 / 6
- linked list
- hello world
need help in english test
Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:04 AM
1. Complete these sentences with suitable words. Total__/10
1. _______________ means doing a number of tasks simultaneously.
2. All the information stored in the RAM is _________________
3. Physical units of a computer system are known as the hardware ____________.
4. ______________ storage of information is provided by ROM.
5. A screen ______________ enlarges text and graphics on the screen, increasing the legibility
6. A ______________ display has an aspect ratio of 16:9, ideal for watching movies.
7. Characters and pictures are made up of coloured dots, also called ______________.
8. Portable hard drives are used to make a ______________of important files or to transport data between PCs.
9. When a disk is formatted, its surface is divided into concentric circles known as ______________.
10. ______________ are used to store information in digital cameras and other handheld devices.
2. What do these definitions refer to? Total __/10
1. The visible and audible result of data processing. _____________________
2. A storage device that writes data to optical discs. __________________
3. The average time required for the read/write head to move and access data on a magnetic disk. _____________________
4. A device used to read price labels on products sold in shops. _____________________
5. Sockets into which an external device may be connected. ______________
6. A device used to capture moving objects and then download them to the computer. __________
7. A large powerful computer, often serving many connected terminals. _____________________
8. The main printed circuit board. _____________________
9. Electrical channels which allow devices inside the computer to communicate. __________________
10. Data fed into a computer for processing _____________________
Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:31 AM
We may only offer help, not answer sorry.
Tell us what do you have, and wish one you have problem with and we could help you from there
Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:57 AM
Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:14 AM
1. You (should/shouldn’t) write on discs with permanent pens.
2. The CPU is a chip (which/who) acts as the brain of a computer.
3. Peripherals are classified (by/into) three types.
4. A virus entered my computer. (As a result / On the other hand), many files have been destroyed.
5. You (should/shouldn’t) update your anti-virus program regularly.
6. A hacker is a person (which/who) invades a network privacy.
7. DVD-R and DVD+R can record data once, (therefore / whereas) DVD-RW and DVD+RW can be rewritten thousands of times.
8. Many software companies support the Business Software Alliance, an anti-piracy group, (besides / because) software piracy is a problem that costs the industry millions of pounds a year.
9. (Moreover / Although) Blu-ray and HD-DVD players are backward compatible with all CD and DVD formats, they are not compatible with each other.
10. We need more money to (compute / computerize / computational) the school library.
11. Today, most of the information we produce is stored (digital / digitizing / digitally).
12. Information is stored on a magnetic disk in the form of (magnetized / magnetically / magnetizable) spots, called bits.
13. As you use your PC, the hard disk becomes (defragmented / fragmenting / fragmented) - files are broken up into small pieces that are stored at different locations across the drive.
14. The set of all weblogs on the Internet is called the (blogging / blogosphere / blogsphere).
15. The Apple iPhone combines three products - a mobile phone, a widescreen iPod, and an internet device - into one small (handhold / handheld / handhelded) device.
16. The iPhone also features 8GB of flash storage, Bluetooth for short-range (wireless / wirelessly / wired) communications, Wi-Fi for internet access, and a 2-megapixel camera.
17. A software engineer is someone (which/who) writes computer programs.
18. The camcorder will give you (coloured/colourful/colouring) pictures, thanks to its CMOS sensor.
19. New digital cameras offer (innovate/innovation/innovative) features such as Bluetooth connectivity.
20. (Shouldn’t/Don’t) hit or move the computer while the hard disk is spinning.
Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:21 AM
Edited by saltenis, 20 October 2011 - 04:25 AM.
Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:22 AM
chk you notification i send you proff
Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:35 AM
your's English is too weak try to concentrate on your English level...