Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

image.fromstream Problem

timer stream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alex3k

Alex3k

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

hey guys,

So i have a problem, I have been working on a security program build around the idea of using a webcam as a cctv camera. I have recently upgraded from my netbook 4213 which was lets face it awful to program on to my acer 5742 which is a beast :D however my program now doesnt work.
I have literally moved it over by using my hard drive without changing code on to the acer and two problems occured, firstly as im using SQLLite as a database system i needed to get the 64 bit version of the dll which was sorted easily, however now the most important line of code in my program doesnt work which is image = image.fromstream(ms) (this doesnt mean much now howver i have attached my entire project for you to mosey at).
So my project is made up of two programs the client and the server. In a nut shell the server gets its images from a webcam by using avicap and then sends that image one at a time to a network stream which then is sent across to the client and then puts that image on a picture box. It does this by using two timers as you will hopefully see.
The reason i am most confused is becuase the program works perfectly on the netbook! yet not on my machine therefore i think its becuase i have vb.net 2010 which of course comes with the latest framework whereas the netbook had vb.net 2008 which came with the framework specific for that (i think it was 3.5?) so what do you all suggest?

One downside with this project is that you do actually need a webcam for it to work....
Cheers for you help!

Alex

P.S Server could be uploaded however the client needed more space therefore i have this link... Client.zip - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

If you have another way of putting it on codecall let me know :)

Attached Files

Dreamspark really does "Spark Dreams"
---------------------------------------
View my Blog

#2 Alex3k

Alex3k

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

ohh so ive just realised i didnt post the error text... apologies.

I have also uploaded the real server program.. the other was broken.

The error was Parameter not valid.

Attached Files

Dreamspark really does "Spark Dreams"
---------------------------------------
View my Blog

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download