Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Google bought motorola!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#13 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:10 AM

I don't beleive in conspiracy (well not this one), but sadly I beleive that their some sort of binary cold war coming up (if it's not already there).
Compagny like google are gonna be in the center if it... and we the people of this forum are going to be the warrior!
Learn to program, we the geek are gonna rule the world! Pay back time for high school :P

#14 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:26 AM

I doubt they keep everything recorded..they aren't big brother...

Actually, they get sued regularly in Europe because of the amount of data they record. They keep enough data to personalize your search results. I refuse to use Google docs because I don't like the idea of keeping sensitive data on their servers.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 AM ----------

If the happened the feds could just bust in the hq and take the dedi's with everything on them home and rune a government google. Atleast they arent some hitler.

Nah, they just subpoena records. It's been done with other search engines before.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#15 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Visual Basic .NET, Transact-SQL, ActionScript

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

I refuse to use Google docs because I don't like the idea of keeping sensitive data on their servers.

So ... I'm guessing you don't have a chrome os laptop? :P

#16 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

So ... I'm guessing you don't have a chrome os laptop? :P

Nope, I use Ubuntu (though not the Ubuntu One service). At work they make me use a Mac running Windows 7 in a VM. I can say, right now, that Macs suck.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#17 Vaielab

Vaielab

Programming God

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:55 AM

Hahaha, I always hated mac... mac is a linux with a lot less option, but a lot of gadget and graphics just to make it more futurist.
Apple use all their ressources in publicity or graphics, so they can make people think they are smarter since they have a mac

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download