Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      15 Nov
    duzamucha

Hi, I am final year Interior Design Student from University of Huddersfield. I am currently working on my final major project which is going to be linked to coding. I was hoping that you could help me with my research. I have prepared a short survey, it would be a massive help if you could fill it in for me. It takes less than 2 minutes to complete, I promise. Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/73XLJKK Thank you so much in advance!

View All Updates

Developed by TechBiz Xccelerator
Photo
- - - - -

what is nano programming?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 DeityNitros

DeityNitros

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi there, I need to know what is the nano programming, I've been looking for information about this, but , boom!! , I can't find it, Can you help up people??

#2 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17,204 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

SourceForge.net: Nano Programming Language - Project Web Hosting - Open Source Software ?

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4,624 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Assembly, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Objective-C

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Err...do you mean something along the lines of microcode programming? Can you elaborate?

sudo rm -rf / && echo $'Sanitize your inputs!'

#4 DeityNitros

DeityNitros

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:19 AM

Err...do you mean something along the lines of microcode programming? Can you elaborate?

yeah, micro code, micro programming, micro operation, you know (maybe) control Unit, Our teacher ordered us to seek this information.... We are studing about Wired control unit and Microprogrammed control unit....

#5 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4,624 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Assembly, Bash, Others

Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

Okay, well that's highly machine-specific, but I'll give you a very simplified example. Let's say I have

Basic idea: A regular program executes instructions on a processor. Each instruction has a small microcode program associated with it. When the processor sees, for example, a memory read instruction, it does a few fun things, finds the appropriate microcode program, and starts executing that. Microcode operations essentially turn individual pins and logic blocks on and off to complete a sequence of operations that eventually complete the instruction. Think of it like this:

Assembly instructions: your boss.
The instruction decoder: You.
Chip logic (i.e. hardware): the coffee machine in your office.
Microcode programs: various brands of coffee, e.g. Folger's, Juan Valdez, Peets, etc.

1. Your boss tells you to make him a cup of Folger's stuff extra hot. This is like a high-level assembly instruction coming in from RAM.
2. You figure out that to make a cup of Folger's you need to dump some Folger's into the coffee machine and turn the heat dial up. You just decoded the instruction.
3. The coffee machine does as it's told to do - it makes the coffee, extra hot. That's the chip logic executing the microcode.
4. The coffee is done; the instruction has been completed. Your boss is happy.

#6 DeityNitros

DeityNitros

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

Ok man, but you are not talking about nano programming, I know there is micro programming, but I'm interested on nano, thx...

PD: Maybe I'm not explaining it so good, because I am using a translator and I don't speak english...sorry

#7 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4,624 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

Well, that's a really good translator. Can you describe the basic concepts of nanoprogramming to me, so that I can try and figure it out?

(What's language(s) do you speak? I might be able to help.)

#8 DeityNitros

DeityNitros

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:57 PM

I don't know anything about nano programming, I speak spanish..... My teacher told us that we should seek information about nano programming, because, this nano programming will be on the test...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Maybe this will help....

What is Nano programming horizontal microprogrammming vertical micro programming

What is nano programming

#9 dargueta

dargueta

I chown trolls.

• 4,624 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:19 PM

Ah pues, qué bueno que Ud. hable español. Yo también. Los dos links que ha puesto son muy diferentes. El segundo no tiene nada que ver con computación. El primer se trata del diseño de los micro-instrucciónes. Hay dos tipos de microinstrucciónes: vertical y horizontal.

"Vertical" quiere decir que hay pocos bits y hay que tener más hardware para descodificarlo, como le expliqué antes. Por ejemplo: Si su jefe le pidiera que le haga una taza de café con solamente dos palabras, "café" y "Folger's," hay que pensar más para darse cuenta que quiere que Ud. le prepare una taza del café Folger's.

"Horizontal" quiere decir que hay más bits, pero no hay que tener tanto hardware para descodificar los microinstrucciónes. Es como si su jefe le dijera, "por favor hágame una taza de café de Folger's, póngalo en esta taza, calentito con un poquito de crema." Ahora no tiene que pensar porque él se le dijo todo de una vez; no hay que descodificar tanto. De todos modos, su jefe recibirá su taza de café.

--------

Translation for everyone else: The second link has nothing to do with programming; the first one is about the design of microcode instructions. There are two major kinds of microinstructions: vertical and horizontal.

Vertical microinstructions have few bits and this require more hardware to decode them since they're more compact. Going with the above example, if your boss asked you to make him coffee with just "Coffee. Folger's," it'd require more thought on your part to figure out what he wanted you to do.

Horizontal microinstructions have many bits, and thus don't need much hardware to decode them because they're verbose. It'd be as if your boss told you, "Make me a cup of Folger's coffee, put it in this cup, hot and with a little bit of cream." Now you don't have to think too much because he told you exactly what to do with a lot of words. Either way, your boss is getting his cup of coffee.

#10 DeityNitros

DeityNitros

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Ah pues, qué bueno que Ud. hable español. Yo también. Los dos links que ha puesto son muy diferentes. El segundo no tiene nada que ver con computación. El primer se trata del diseño de los micro-instrucciónes. Hay dos tipos de microinstrucciónes: vertical y horizontal.

"Vertical" quiere decir que hay pocos bits y hay que tener más hardware para descodificarlo, como le expliqué antes. Por ejemplo: Si su jefe le pidiera que le haga una taza de café con solamente dos palabras, "café" y "Folger's," hay que pensar más para darse cuenta que quiere que Ud. le prepare una taza del café Folger's.

"Horizontal" quiere decir que hay más bits, pero no hay que tener tanto hardware para descodificar los microinstrucciónes. Es como si su jefe le dijera, "por favor hágame una taza de café de Folger's, póngalo en esta taza, calentito con un poquito de crema." Ahora no tiene que pensar porque él se le dijo todo de una vez; no hay que descodificar tanto. De todos modos, su jefe recibirá su taza de café.

--------

Translation for everyone else: The second link has nothing to do with programming; the first one is about the design of microcode instructions. There are two major kinds of microinstructions: vertical and horizontal.

Vertical microinstructions have few bits and this require more hardware to decode them since they're more compact. Going with the above example, if your boss asked you to make him coffee with just "Coffee. Folger's," it'd require more thought on your part to figure out what he wanted you to do.

Horizontal microinstructions have many bits, and thus don't need much hardware to decode them because they're verbose. It'd be as if your boss told you, "Make me a cup of Folger's coffee, put it in this cup, hot and with a little bit of cream." Now you don't have to think too much because he told you exactly what to do with a lot of words. Either way, your boss is getting his cup of coffee.

Bueno no se si deberia escribir en español, pero eso si, no encuentro nada de la nano programacion, aqui esta otro link

Nano Programming

Ways To Learn Computer Programming In Nano