Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      30 Sep
    rhossis

laptop hard disk seated beneath motherboard but with no access panel. 7 hours to replace :(

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      19 Sep
    Chall

I love it when you go to write a help thread, then while writing, you reach an enlightenment, and figure it out yourself.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates

Developed by TechBiz Xccelerator
Photo
- - - - -

Gaming Company domain needed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jerryn

Jerryn

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Hi guys

I've been trying to think of a good name for my gaming company but everything that I can think of is already taken and I'm quite frustrated. The name has to sound simple yet professional. e.g. the names I like are ubisoft, redstudio, softix, softrain, etc. They don't have to have a meaning. :closedeyes: If it helps, then the game genre I'm making this for is horror/action.

Maybe someone can suggest me some good names. I'd be really appreciated. I need the name set asap.

#2 ZekeDragon

ZekeDragon

CC Leader

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:48 AM

I'd say you may be worrying too much about the name. I contend that it doesn't necessarily have to be some one-word combination of two ideas that sounds catchy, take Black Isle Studios for example (the guys who made Fallout and Baldur's Gate) or Santa Cruz Games (named after the city they're based in).

A name is something important, I would suppose, but I think that it's suitable to have just a name that sounds good for now that you can grow with. If at worst you hate the name, you can always change it later.

How about "Gemini Jazz Entertainment"? :P
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#3 Jerryn

Jerryn

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:55 AM

Biggest companies have very simple names but unfortunately it's not possible to take a simple name these days. All is takkeeeeeeen. I can't seem to come up with a name that sounds both simple and nice. The name should be short (easy to remember).

e.g. Apple is a perfect company name too. Simple, short, clean. :closedeyes:

#4 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17,156 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:54 AM

Jerryn's Games

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 Jerryn

Jerryn

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:50 AM

Heh...Jerryn's Games - never thought of that before. It'd work but I want something different like frostnet.com, gamelab.com, darklab.com so I'll just try to contact the owners and negotiate a price. Hopefully they're reasonable to not ask a ridiculous price though.

#6 GramCracker

GramCracker

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Semgaming,kool name and not taken

#7 jamiecross

jamiecross

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

There is allready a Buesness called Apple.

#8 Thryckz

Thryckz

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:23 AM

There is allready a Buesness called Apple.

I think he knows...I think the entire world knows actually....
He was just stating that as an example.
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#9 ///ViNcE

///ViNcE

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

gorjrifficlabs, all about the bad!

#10 CriticalError

CriticalError

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hi guys

I've been trying to think of a good name for my gaming company but everything that I can think of is already taken and I'm quite frustrated. The name has to sound simple yet professional. e.g. the names I like are ubisoft, redstudio, softix, softrain, etc. They don't have to have a meaning. :closedeyes: If it helps, then the game genre I'm making this for is horror/action.

Maybe someone can suggest me some good names. I'd be really appreciated. I need the name set asap.

Looks like the "closedeyes" emotion does not work, but it would make a good gaming company name lol!

"closedeyes studios"

or

"closed I studios"

how does that sound? Maybe too dark..

#11 graphicsman

graphicsman

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:24 AM

before you finalize a name check to see if the domain is already taken. That usually sells me on names... AND i own 42 domains now lol.

#12 BenW

BenW

CC Devotee

• Community Manager
  • 976 posts
  • Programming Language:ActionScript
  • Learning:ActionScript

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

I'm closing this topic because it's over a year since it was started and I would hope the OP found his name by now. Since it was a question specific to his own needs, I don't think there's much use in the discussion continuing.

That said, feel free to open up a new topic for more general discussion of domain name choice, and of course anyone else needing help picking a name is free to create their own thread about it too :)

fss_overall.png