Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Algorithm and program development - beginner's question.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 8paths

8paths

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hey guys,

I wanted to create an application for my blackberry and thought I'd give it a go.

Reviewing the net I read that the first thing I should do is create an algorithm then a flowchart. Once created I should code my algorithm.

I've been reading up on the basics of algorithms and had a few questions;

Would anyone disagree with how I am going about my methodology? Is it a good idea to start with an algorithm?

Are there any sites with templates of algorithms or tutorials as to how to write a good algorithm?

I've never attempted anything like this and my programming skills are next to nil so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

#2 fkl

fkl

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

I think you should start with some basics like binary and machine instructions, variables and the fundamentals of how a program works. Because then you will realize what you can consider as steps for an algorithm.

When i saw an algorithm for the first time in my life without being a programmer, see something like "take a variable and assign a number to it and use that variable some where" made little sense to me without knowing how computer function operates.

I liked the following
Programming Basics - How a Computer Reads a Program

#3 vijayhackr

vijayhackr

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, Objective-C, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Ruby, Delphi/Object Pascal, Lisp, Logo, Lua, ActionScript, Fortran, Scheme, Haskell, Prolog

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for asking the questions?

What should be your strategy for learning programming? Here I am giving you the best answer How I learned?

When I was in the same position also researching, How can I learn to programme? Then I just started with the same approach, asking a lot of people but find the best answer is are you really interested in coding? My answer is Yes, But its temporary because we are in the starting phase, we have not enough information about that. Then I started and read some blog, What is programming and what is programming languages. 

So You need to start from the basics and the basics language is C, which is the base and you will learn all the important things like how coding works, what is binary numbers why the computer works on the binary digits,You also learn about the machine instruction , once your basics will be cleared then you can select your one of the best programming language whom you also want to make your own career, or whom you have the interest not only for the career but also for the happiness.

Thanks

Keep Learning!!

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download