Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Posting issues..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lIlIlIIlll

lIlIlIIlll

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

I tried posting a thread in the Python forum and it said that it had to be verified my a moderator?

At first I didn't see the message so I was confused as to why it would need to be verified.

So: I posted a "why can't i post" topic and it worked? WITHOUT moderator approval?

Wtf is going on. Can I please just post in the forums ffs.

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hello Ha1luciNate, and welcome to our forums.

The effect of this is purely caused by our automated anti-spam measures of which gauge many aspects and push the post in to the unapproved queue if it deems it possible spam. This is called a false positive, and is an unfortunate side effect to these automated measures of which cannot be the most accurate at times.

I have approved your posts in the mean time, I am unsure why you exactly were chosen by the systems as everything seems in order, it may just be under random circumstances.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them! Our other staff may review this thread to help you further if they can, and I will try to spot your posts in the mean time.

All the best,
Alexander.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#3 lIlIlIIlll

lIlIlIIlll

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the help. I was wondering what circumstances could have caused one post to get filtered and not the other... I hope things are sorted out now! I'll let you know if I have any other issues with posting. I don't anticipate however...

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download