Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Computer stuck at "Hardware Monitor..." Screen

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 k2t007

k2t007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum but I thought it was a great website and decided to register. I believe that this is the correct forum for this, but if not can a Moderator please move it. I have recently, on Wednesday 4/20/2011, built my first computer! But, after booting off of my flash drive a couple times, using Ubuntu 10.10, I cannot get past the Hardware Monitor screen. Any help or suggestions as to what I can try would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My Computer Specs:

Mobo: Biostar TA870U3+
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE @ 3.3GHz
Graphics Card: Sparkle GeForce GT 220 2GB 128-bit
Cooler: Cooler Master V8
PSU: Corsair CX600 600W
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
HDD: Hitachi 2TB SATA 6.0 GB/s
Case: NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK
CD/DVD Drive: SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner Black SATA (will be here Monday 4/25/2011)

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Can you describe the hardware monitor screen? Where is it from in relation to your computer booting up and loading the OS?

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#3 k2t007

k2t007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

It is before the OS would load because I cannot boot from anything, but I can get into the BIOS. I can take a picture of it after I get home, if it still doesn't boot.

Edit: It displays the CPU temperature, sys temp, fan speeds, and power info. If that helps.

#4 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:28 PM

From what you are describing, it could be that the power-on self-test (POST) is failing somewhere and you are taken to the hardware monitoring screen, although I have no specification to support this.

I would look at forums or documentation related to your motherboard to see likely issues, and what could cause your bootup to always go to this specific screen - generally all motherboards act differently.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#5 k2t007

k2t007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:31 PM

It always goes to this screen and then continues to boot to a device such as a flash drive or HDD, but it now stops and does not continue. Thanks for your input.

#6 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

I am glad I could point you in a direction, your motherboard may require an updated BIOS as well which could fix these problems (assuming you are sure all your hardware is compatible)

#7 k2t007

k2t007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

I did try to update, I tried to reset the CMOS via the jumper, I tried removing the battery for a couple hours, and i tried to reset the BIOS through its setting. Hopefully it will be working either later or tomorrow. I may just leave it off for a few days and see if it helps. I'll continue to search the internet for answers though.

#8 k2t007

k2t007

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Hey,

Just wanted to update on my progress. Today, 4/25/2011, my new SATA CD/DVD Reader came in. I immediately installed the drive and set it as first in my boot order. I then exited BIOS and saved. When my computer got the the "Hardware Monitor..." screen, it continued to boot straight to the Windows 7 installation disk. Thank you for your help Alexander.

#9 specify

specify

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

I had this same issue until I read your solution. It reminded me that I left an SD card in my card reader, which was causing the problem. Was it trying to boot from the card? I don't know.

#10 riyosa2008

riyosa2008

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

Hey,

Just wanted to update on my progress. Today, 4/25/2011, my new SATA CD/DVD Reader came in. I immediately installed the drive and set it as first in my boot order. I then exited BIOS and saved. When my computer got the the "Hardware Monitor..." screen, it continued to boot straight to the Windows 7 installation disk. Thank you for your help Alexander.

Hi there.. I don't really get your point on this, I have same problem like yours, I use MB Biostar too. Can you tell me how to solve this problems? can you email me on riyosa2008@gmail.com. I got this problem last night, hmm... I can't sleep until now. Please help me... thx.

#11 mcmigovych

mcmigovych

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:41 AM

so now if you go into BIOS you see the CPU frequency is back to default?

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download