Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Help with SQLite Database Browser?

SQLite sqlite

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dizzynumbers

dizzynumbers

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Hi all-

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, just I have been looking all over for an answer and can't seem to find one, so a programming forum seemed to be somewhere I might find an answer.

I am using SQLite Database Browser to read the history logs from my browser, but I would like to be able to see the date and time of a visit. These are in the "last_visit_time" column stored as a string of numbers. I am not sure how to read them? Is there any way to convert this string of numbers to a readable date? I found a site (Epoch Converter - Unix Timestamp Converter) that gives me a date when I paste in the numbers, but I know they are wrong because I looked at a query I knew was searched for at a later date and it shows the date as being much earlier. For example, it says "12946608999984000" is mon, jan 10, 2011, when I know that it is actually from march or april.

Is there any way I can read these dates properly? Maybe I am searching using the wrong terms, but I can't find anything, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:38 AM

What I would do is write a few records, with known and different dates. Then read those values out and use Epoch Converter to see what values you get back. You should be able to reverse engineer it with only 2-4 records.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 dizzynumbers

dizzynumbers

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:03 AM

What I would do is write a few records, with known and different dates. Then read those values out and use Epoch Converter to see what values you get back. You should be able to reverse engineer it with only 2-4 records.

How would I reverse engineer the numbers? Sorry for the dumb question, I just have no idea how to do any of this. I went to a site so that I could look at the history and know a definite date and time, so I know that "12946927443604125" is today, Sunday, 4/10/2011, at 11:44 AM Central time. Do you think you could give me an example of how to work with this?

Also, the site says "assuming the timestamp is in milliseconds" when I enter the numbers, but I thought I read maybe it used microseconds? So I tried using a converter to convert the microseconds to milliseconds and then plugging it in there, but it gives me more numbers than the converter will allow so it doesn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much.

#4 dizzynumbers

dizzynumbers

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:49 AM

Also, this is my history file from google chrome. I tried looking at my history from firefox, and when I use that string of numbers, it actually works. For example, "1300014497764000" gives me march 13, which I know is right. When I paste those numbers into the box to convert them, it only allows 13 numbers, so it cuts off the last three zeros = "1300014497764". Compared to this, the chrome dates have one extra number plus the three zeros, so..."12945325696683000," even if I try pasting the numbers into the converter minus the three zeros, there is still an extra number that won't fit, and it's the wrong date. Not sure if this helps at all...

#5 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

SQLite Query Language: Date And Time Functions
Unix time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At a guess, the extra three 0's are for thousandths of a second.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download