Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Language Heap (help me define most important programming URLs)

import

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tormaroe

tormaroe

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hi there!

I'm working on a site that aims to be a startingpoint for people wanting to start with a new programming language. It should list "all" programming languages, and collect current information relevant to those who want to learn more about it. It has category-pages, I plan to have "what language should I choose"-kind of pages, etc..

I need help to define what the top five or six url's for any language are. Google gives me an idea, but I hope programmers actually using the languages would give me better advice.

So please respond with very important URL's for your programming language (or a programming language category) of choice.

If you have any other feedback on my site that is also much appreciated. The address is languageheap.com.

#2 stevie754

stevie754

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:13 AM

Hey liking the site, it looks good. Just need to ask why do you have a random link on the site who would ever need to use it?

Don't mean to be rude I have actually bookmarked the main page so I can see it as it grows bigger and gets more links, could be very useful in the future having everything in one place.

Good job

#3 tormaroe

tormaroe

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

why do you have a random link on the site who would ever need to use it?

Thanks for the feedback! The random feature is something I've actually used a lot myself on wikipedia. I guess some people would find it enjoyable, while others - like yourself - don't see the point.

#4 stevie754

stevie754

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:31 AM

Oh yeah I forgot wikipedia had a random option, I see your point just because I won't use it doesn't mean theres some people that won't.

Anyway congratulation again on the site I'll be checking in now and again to see what URL's you can find to add to it.

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: import

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download