Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simon1

simon1

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

Hello

Ill get straight to the point here then,

Basicly i have a idea in my mind for a site which includes some sort of social networking, but nothing like twitter or facebook. The idea i have [not in detail obviously] is not to bring everyone who knows eatch other together nor is it to 'add friends' and not to just 'chat' and no status updates. by social networking i mean bringing a group of people together for other reasons [legal reasons but i dont want to blurt my idea out on the internet] with out using status updates and friend requests and other little things the other social networks already have because abviously that would be point-less. I have a whole new idea / layout and workings for this. And am not wanting to take anyone away from facebook or anyother social netowrk, the idea i have is not even on that same wave lengh as other social netowrking sites and i dont want anything that big.

So am looking for a company / some sort of advisor who can look at my idea, or if i could draw it all out or something and show someone my idea and be advised if my idea would work, how much things would cost and how to go about making it work. eg who to contact next for, coding, programming, desiging and marketing ect.

So does anyone know any good websites i can check out so i can contact someone who can advise and go over my idea, explain to me problems i may face or if it is likley to work or if its unlikley and stuff

I think it will be a big-ish job and I just basicly need a second opinion on things and information on where to go next

Thanks

#2 stonefield

stonefield

CC Lurker

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:42 AM

Hi
quite interesting to discuss
My skype is: stonefieldskype

Hello

Ill get straight to the point here then,

Basicly i have a idea in my mind for a site which includes some sort of social networking, but nothing like twitter or facebook. The idea i have [not in detail obviously] is not to bring everyone who knows eatch other together nor is it to 'add friends' and not to just 'chat' and no status updates. by social networking i mean bringing a group of people together for other reasons [legal reasons but i dont want to blurt my idea out on the internet] with out using status updates and friend requests and other little things the other social networks already have because abviously that would be point-less. I have a whole new idea / layout and workings for this. And am not wanting to take anyone away from facebook or anyother social netowrk, the idea i have is not even on that same wave lengh as other social netowrking sites and i dont want anything that big.

So am looking for a company / some sort of advisor who can look at my idea, or if i could draw it all out or something and show someone my idea and be advised if my idea would work, how much things would cost and how to go about making it work. eg who to contact next for, coding, programming, desiging and marketing ect.

So does anyone know any good websites i can check out so i can contact someone who can advise and go over my idea, explain to me problems i may face or if it is likley to work or if its unlikley and stuff

I think it will be a big-ish job and I just basicly need a second opinion on things and information on where to go next

Thanks

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download