Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Learn Hacking

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 isuru

isuru

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:19 AM

Well, I need to learn ethical hacking for free.(Not to destroy or hack websites). I search everywhere(googled) but can not find good resources for free. If you happen to know any resource please post here...
Lost!

#2 DarkLordCthulhu

DarkLordCthulhu

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Programming Language:C, JavaScript, Bash, Others
  • Learning:Ruby, Others

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

I'm pretty sure any site that tells you how to crack would be taken down by the authorities. That's the difficulty with cracking: you have to either use the script kiddie method and download hacking tools, or figure out how to do it yourself. The latter requires more technical skill than probably any other area of computers, with the possible exception of engineering. That's why white-hat hackers are so well-paid.

White-hat hacking is my dream job, though not because of the money, but because of the challenge.
Programming is a journey, not a destination.

#3 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:20 PM

This is a pretty cool site, it has alot of tutorials, and challenges to work through.
Hack This Site!

~ Committed.
There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#4 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

• Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH). If you luck, maybe you can get them for "free" when googling. I bought them on 4 DVDs (certainly, pirated) when I took hacking course.
  • I became member of cyberterrorists.net about one year ago, but not as active member up to now. You can look at CT Hacking Club section for any hacking tutorials.

#5 cdg10620

cdg10620

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Others

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

I took a class last year through SANS (GIAC) called Web Application Penetration Testing. The course was known as GPEN. It was a class about testing vulnerabilities in web applications and finding ways into the hosting system. It was very interesting. It was taught by a gentleman by the name of Kevin Johnson. Feel free to look it up. Tons of great information and tools. You should also look up a tool called Samurai ( Samurai Web Testing Framework )

Enjoy!
-CDG10620
Software Developer

#6 stevie754

stevie754

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:35 AM

Hack Forums

Check out this site might have some of what you need

#7 Cythes

Cythes

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:47 PM

My solution to this issue. Backtrack Linux Its built for penetration testing. on top of that its great for ethical hacking. I have not had much time to tinker with it but the good news is you can put it on a DVD and take it with you. just boot off the **** and it give you everything you need. Its also built to not leave a trace (On your computer). I suggest getting on the forums there as well. But dont just rush in. those guys are serious and will likely laugh and tell you to learn Linux first. which is advice I will give you ahead of time. As well pardon any ignorance regarding if you know linux or not.

The path to becoming a world class hacker is not easy but if your up for the challenge then I'm sure you can play cards with the best of them so to speak.
=)
-Cythes

#8 fayaz

fayaz

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

mainly, They are 5 Easy Steps to Learn Hacking

1. Take all safety Measures to hide yourself from target.
2. Find out the IP Address of Target Computer.
3.Gather information about target computer such as its operating system ,time,date etc etc .
4.Use Search engine (according to information obtained from above steps) to get tools which will help us to hack target computer.
Search engines like google are very close friends of hackers. If we do all the things mentioned above we know exactly where vulnerability lies in target computer. To use that vulnerability we search for available tools on google.com. After downloading specific tools (download tools at Most Popular Hacking Tools) we need IP Address of target computer ( we already know) to get access on other computer.
Learn to use that vulnerability
5. Leave one or two files on the target computer so to get easy access in future.

Edited by Roger, 23 September 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#9 Mentalbox

Mentalbox

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

I think Fayaz first rule/step is important,

Take all safety Measures to hide yourself from target.

But I think step 2 for a smart person that can actually learn to [ethical-]hack or/and program, is:
2. Learn some basic programming, use Google/read a few tutorials on the topic or play a few "hack games", then go out and explore, learn more programming, explore more, etc.
Explore Linux, explore Backtrack, explore shell, SSH/telnet, ++, and just play with it,
????,
Profit.

If you need to learn it as fast as possible, then of course read books on the topic - that's always the "professional" way to learn stuff, and the fastest if you like to learn that way. o'reilly security penetration - Google Search

Oh, and fayaz-bro, you bumped a 6 months old thread.

#10 tavichh

tavichh

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C++, PHP, JavaScript

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

There was a keynote I watched on YouTube, about 45 minutes along "Hacking with Ms. Susan" or something like that. Really went over everything about hacking. She was using non-ethical methods though. But you might want to give that a look so you can understand how the hacking process works and go on from there. Hack This Site is a great site to learn about hacking mostly anything. The only negative thing I have to say about that website is the damn capatcha is impossible to solve.
Send a like my way if I helped you or if you found my post useful or even just enjoyed reading my post.
Thank you :)

#11 ikstream

ikstream

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, Python, Assembly
  • Learning:C++, PHP, Ruby, Bash, Others

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

I used a book: "Hacking: The art of Exploitation" 

Another nice resource is http://opensecurityt...fo/Welcome.html

Some of their courses have video and it is all for free.

Edited by ikstream, 04 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#12 Aion

Aion

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

Get a cheap computer and try exploiting it with different configurations.

Edited by GreenshootProgrammer, 04 November 2013 - 02:10 PM.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download