Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Lua - What to code?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mkjt88

mkjt88

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

I'm looking to get into programming as I do HTML and CSS now with a touch of javascript but want to move on. I am trying to learn Lua first but no matter what language I chose I have the same problem.. What should I program? I've read a lot of literature and get the concept of how it works and most basic functions and how to use the language but have no idea what to try to program for practice to get to know programming itself. I have always self taught myself everything from guitar,designing, etc and plan on learning programming the same way. What did most of you guys do.. or is there some kind of tutorials to follow along to make a program or some scene to play with or anything like that to help learn? Thanks guys.

#2 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

I agree, it is hard to come up with an idea sometimes, but just start out with the basics, maybe a simple guess the number game, or calculator. You can also check out this huge list of projects.
http://www.dreaminco...ect-ideas-list/

Good luck ~ Committed. :)
There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#3 mkjt88

mkjt88

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

Appreciate the link.. Probably gonna give the vending machine project a go.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download