Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Duriosoft.com really needs some review

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:23 PM

So guys, I've just updated the look of my freeware site, Duriosoft.com. Please give me your feedback on anything, from the look, and the content (like perhaps there is something i've missed to provide or misplaced).

You could also review my freeware if you have the time. :)

Thanks in advance!

#2 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

I like the website alot! Its very clean and has nice amounts of color. :thumbup1:
There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#3 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9!

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Perl, Delphi/Object Pascal, Visual Basic .NET, Assembly, Fortran, Bash, Others

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

The format is quite unique, and the sections seem to flow perfectly in to eachother, enough space for each application to be properly showcased, news at the bottom and transitions perfectly from the application list.

The red boxes look a little too red, although they actually add character to the page so I cannot complain!

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#4 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

Thanks Committed, Alexander! Nice to hear excouraging words :)

...and has nice amounts of color. :thumbup1:

Although I can not consider myself as graphic or web designer, but personally I prefer small sets of colors. Like maximum of 3 (the major colors, not including the shades). Unfortunately I think duriosoft breached that personal rule .. lol!

The red boxes look a little too red, although they actually add character to the page so I cannot complain!

Funny that we actually think the same. The red color is from original template, not my modification. Initially I felt the same, the red was just too red. But later I found it somehow catchy. I am still searching for better complement though (i.e. the one I use in google search box).

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download