Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

no internet connection

connection setup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 legacy

legacy

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

i was trialing ubuntu on my laptop and found i had no internet connection and absolutely no clue how to fix it

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

You will need to find out your network card version, and check if it is compatible with Ubuntu. There should be an open source or closed source driver available, which may need to be transfered by USB from a computer with internet access.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#3 bbqroast

bbqroast

Codecall Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

I seem to remember their is an advanced Ubuntu wireless program (before you do that have you tried clicking on the wireless symbol on the upper bar?) that should help you, also google your laptop (the name is normally some where on the bottom) for example "Dell LapSeries 230". Normally the manufactures provide a page with links to all the drivers.
Please, write clearly with proper structure. Double spacing makes the text feel un-jointed, Capitalizing Every Word Means People Stop Before Every Word Sub-Consciously Which Is A Pain In The Backside, and use code tags! (The right most styling box).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: connection, setup

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download