Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Developed by TechBiz Xccelerator
Photo
- - - - -

Bypassing Windows XP Professional Login.

login

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Hey everybody! Today where going to go over how to bypass Windows XP Professional Login.

*DISCLAIMER* I am not responsible for what you do with this tutorial. I am making this tutorial only to educate people on how to get onto there computers of which, they have forgotten the password, or where given, without login details. This tutorial is NOT for people to abuse for hacking other people computers and/or accounts. The images used, are also not mine, I got them off the web.

Recently me and my dad where given a computer, with windows XP pro on it, from his friend at work.(who got it from a company, going out of business) Of course we couldn't get into the computer because we didnt have any idea what the username or password was. After searching around the net for a while I finally got in and was able to change the passwords, and username's. These are several ways I've learned, to bypass the windows XP Pro login system.

With that being said, lets begin! :)

Attempt 1.
Well lets start with the most simple possible way. First, of course, turn on your computer and wait until you come to this screen:
WindowXpalt.png

Now this may seem silly, but try pressing alt+crtl then the 'delete' key twice. If your lucky and this works a login screen should appear, when its does try logging in with:

username: Administrator
password: blank (if it doesn't work try 'password')

Attempt 2.
Now for me that last attempt didnt work. If it didnt work for you either, we can go ahead and hit "alt+crtl+del" and proceed to the login screen which should appear like this:
Windows-XP-ctrl-alt-delete-logon.jpg
Alright now were going to try and login to the administrator account. For the first attempt at this, you can simply try logging in with the details:
password: blank field(or 'password' if a pass is required)
If you have no luck with that, dont worry we still have a couple more things to try.

Attempt 3.
Ok, now this is the method that worked for me! First your going to have to power down the computer your trying to gain access to. Once its off, start it back up, when you see the boot screen press and hold the 'F8' key on your keyboard until a new screen appears. This screen should ask you, how you would like to run windows, select 'Safe Mode' at the top.(Move with arrow keys, and select with the 'enter' key) Once you reach the login screen in 'Safe Mode', which may look a little weird, we will once again, try logging in with the following details:
password: blank (if it doesn't work try 'password')

Hopefully you just got access to the administrator account!

If you managed to get into the Administrator account you will be able to change the password and username of any account on the computer, via the control panel > user accounts.

If you did not manage to get access to the Administrator account, sadly the only thing left to do is either get a new OS(old xp disk, or Linux) or try a windows password breaker.

And that's the tutorial, hope you where able to get into your computer! As always, questions, comments, and +rep welcome. Good Luck ~ Committed. :)

Edited by CommittedC0der, 13 January 2011 - 10:03 AM.

There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#2 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Not bad. I usually use Kon-boot

P.S Could you please attach the images to the post, and not link to external sites?

Edited by John, 11 January 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#3 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:29 PM

Thank you. And yes, I just finished adding them as attachments. :)

~ Committed.

#4 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

That "net user {user} *" thing really screwed me up. I can't login to my Administrator or normal account now. I'm on the guest account and keep getting permission denied. Why did I insist on playing with this? ]:

Edit:
Well I ended up throwing in the setup disc, "repairing it" it copied the windows files and rebooted and had me "setup" the whole thing again, however repairing it kept my files. During the process I can hit "shift+f10" to open command prompt. At that point I opened up the user accounts program and removed my password.

I think I'm done playing with my own box, I think since all my valuable data is on an external HDD anyway, I'll just keep the Administrator unlocked.

Edited by BlaineSch, 12 January 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#5 WingedPanther

WingedPanther

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17,278 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

Or, you can download a live-CD that you can boot into on that machine and it will show you all the accounts/passwords on it. I don't recall if I used Ophcrack or another, but it took longer to boot than it did to list the passwords.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#6 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:58 AM

That "net user {user} *" thing really screwed me up. I can't login to my Administrator or normal account now. I'm on the guest account and keep getting permission denied. Why did I insist on playing with this? ]:

Well ive read this is because the account you tried to change the password with did not have administrator abilities, so it threw the "Access Denied" error. If you need administrative abilites to change the password, you would need to be in the admin account, which where obviously trying to gain access to. Im going to remove this from the tutorial. Im really sorry for your trouble, I didnt know since I got into the admin account before trying this. :sad: