Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

recognize website input boxes when clicked

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#13 ployo60

ployo60

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

yes, step 2 to 4 i understand, but it is step 1 that i don't want to do manually. I want the program to find the input field names from the html source after i have selected them by mouse. I want to select them by mouse incase there are multiple input fields on the page. Do you understand what i mean? its that step 1 that i dont understand without having to look through all the html code.

and in your step 3, is it not possible for the user to type in one of the websites and then that gets copied to the other site as well, instead of adding another TEdit box?

#14 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

yes, step 2 to 4 i understand, but it is step 1 that i don't want to do manually. I want the program to find the input field names from the html source after i have selected them by mouse. I want to select them by mouse incase there are multiple input fields on the page. Do you understand what i mean? its that step 1 that i dont understand without having to look through all the html code.

Yes, I understand you completely. But this kind of program is usually used to do the operation automatically with little to no human intervention. Therefore we need to prepare everything beforehand. I know that you mention that this is not a bot, but how could the program know the form and field name in yahoo that corresponding with the current field you are selecting in google? If you argue that the program should synchronize both active fields (making sure both active fields of the two page to have the same content) then please stop for a while and imagine how time consuming for the users it would be. Because they must remember to synchronize the active fields for each page.

and in your step 3, is it not possible for the user to type in one of the websites and then that gets copied to the other site as well, instead of adding another TEdit box?

That is for easier and more efficient coding. On the possibility, have you checked my reply in your newer topic?

Edited by LuthfiHakim, 16 January 2011 - 07:58 PM.
Add "newer topic" link for easy reference

#15 ployo60

ployo60

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

yeah, i saw your other post, thx. Alright, suppose you are right.

How do you fill in a prefered field on a website? Say i want to fill in the google search field on google.com with 'hello', i know the information of the field now i want to fill it. I use an TEdit field on the form, how do i link that to the inputfield on the site?

#16 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

How do you fill in a prefered field on a website? Say i want to fill in the google search field on google.com with 'hello', i know the information of the field now i want to fill it. I use an TEdit field on the form, how do i link that to the inputfield on the site?

I think I gave you sample code on how to fill fields of a webform. Just a minute....

Yes, I did. Please check this post (actually in the prior page) to see the sample code. :c-cool:

#17 ployo60

ployo60

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:53 AM

hi, sorry for the late reply, but i have been away for a while.....

I looked at the old post but like i sort of showed before i dont know how to work this code. I dont understand it either. Just really basically if i had an edit.text box and I want to type anything in it. How would i be able to automatically write this in twebbrowser input field on lets say google.com?

if u have some time, i hope u can help me out more

#18 ployo60

ployo60

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:32 AM

actually, you know what. I want to do it the other way around.....

I want to type in the website, and then have that information copied or typed at the same time in an edit or memo box..... thats the code i am interested in

#19 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

That's basically similar to what initially you had asked. However, I believe I already pointed you to the correct direction. Please check this post of mine.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download