Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

How far does HTML go?

HTML

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#13 GabryelFall

GabryelFall

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

I highly doubt you've learned ALL there is to know about HTML. It's a smaller language, granted, but it's still rich and full. There's always something new to learn. But if you're getting to the point where it's not working for all you want to do then yea, Go with CSS first. My web programming progression was like this: HTML > CSS > PHP > and now I'm onto JS. But I STILL don't know everything about any of them. The moment you assume you're learned everything there is to learn is the moment you stop growing; the moment you stop moving forward and progressing.
~~~~>>>><<<<~~~~
Cook to live; Live to cook. Code is poetry. Chef and code-monkey,
Gabe

#14 mike810

mike810

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

No JS is for adding flashing text and stuff, although you can do some things with it. I believe PHP and MySQL is for database's and more advanced stuff like that.

JS can do some pretty amazing stuff. However, it is a bit intimidating to start learning by yourself. Definitely hard to initially 'grasp'.

I strongly suggest checking out jQuery.
It is a JavaScript framework that focus's on making JavaScript quick, easy, and efficient.

You can learn that very easily and without much trouble, rather then learn JavaScript as a whole.

You can visit jQuery's website at jQuery: The Write Less, Do More, JavaScript Library . Check out some of their plugins and examples and you'll see the power it has.. Another benefit is even if you do not know how to use it, you can just grab the coding from an already developed plugin and easily apply it to an already finished website.

#15 fazlerocks

fazlerocks

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

Learn CSS and then go for CSS3. Styling is what everyone needs. CSS3 will make all your designs easy. Though it is not supported completely in many browsers but people using mozilla, opera(NOT IE!) will surely enjoy it.

Some of the styles famous in CSS3 are rounded corners, placing divisions, creating columns, etc.

Best Wishes!

#16 An Alien

An Alien

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Programming Language:Java
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP, Python, JavaScript, Lisp, Transact-SQL, Others

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

The only reason why I haven't learned CSS3 and HTML 5 is because of the incompatibility with the older browsers. I'd probably focus on CSS2 and HTML4 right now cause most browsers being used now support that. And learn CSS3 and HTML 5 in the future when it's used a lot more.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download