Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Website about bongs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 juggalo

juggalo

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:35 PM

I was planning on making a website about making bongs, but I don't know if that would be legal.
I don't care what someone uses in it, but I would put a disclamer stating that it is intended for legal herbs only, but I don't know if the site topic is legal.
So would it be ok?

#2 juggalo

juggalo

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

I didn't find anything about it online either.

#3 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:46 PM

That sounds like a great way to get yourself in trouble, at least in the US. Have you contacted a lawyer?

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#4 juggalo

juggalo

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

XD. And no, I guess I won't cuz like all the free hosting SUCK!!!!!!! And trouble = bad

#5 Luthfi

Luthfi

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts
  • Programming Language:PHP, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, PHP

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:31 AM

but I would put a disclamer stating that it is intended for legal herbs only, but I don't know if the site topic is legal.

Since you would put that disclaimer and you know that it could also be used for legit purpose, I would say that there would be no problem for you from the law. However you must aware that there might be troubles coming from some "extreme" parties. From annoying comments (if you allow comments/guest book in your site), spams, etc, up to defacing effort.

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, (Visual) Basic, Ruby

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well, from the amount of head shops I have seen here in the US, I do not believe a website that sells bongs would be considered illegal. I assume you would just have to direct any usage implications away from marijuana. But on the other hand it is legal in some states here in the US so it could be a hit or miss.

I would have to agree with WingedPanther on this one and advise you to talk to a lawyer before you get your self into some trouble.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download