Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

AJAX enabled webparts

asp.net ajax

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mishalkumari

mishalkumari

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hi,

I am using vs 2010 and WSP builder to create visual webparts.I need the webpart to be AJAX enabled.I am new to AJAX.I tried googling for the tutorials.But I found the tutorials are only about creating AJAX webparts in ASP.NET website.I dont want to create a webpart in website.I need to create visual webpart having a user control inside it?How can I design a AJAX enabled user control.Can anyone guide me with tutorials to achieve the same?

Or how can I develop ajax enabled visual webpart?

I followed this link Walkthrough: Creating a Basic ASP.NET AJAX-enabled Web Part But AJAX Controls like scriptmanager and update panles are giving error like

The type or namespace name 'ScriptManager' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Is this because I am creating the application in vs 2010?

Regards,
Mishal

#2 gokuajmes

gokuajmes

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

Have you added a Reference to the Ajax Control Toolkit that you downloaded from CodePlex?
Did you try creating a Ajax Enabled Asp.net website as a alternative?
Could you paste the Web.Config file content into CODE blocks here in the post?
Also paste the @ Register references made at the top of your page before the HTML tag starts..

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download