Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      16 Apr
    Kadence

If you're reading this, you're on my profile and I know you're on my profile because I'm probably viewing yours.

Show comments (6)
  • Photo
      10 Apr
    Poe

Finally (and hopefully) i'm getting a team together that knows a little of this and a little of that; and maybe all my open source projects that are half written can begin to be released. :)

View All Updates
Photo
- - - - -

Facing problem in Java Swing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hbeon

hbeon

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hi Sir,

I am using a java GUI Object for taking user name and password (in fields of user name and password) and would like to send the information to a server (in the form of Xml file) on the click of 'Ok' button. The database of registered user is stored on server. If the entered users name or passwords are not correct, the server will send a failure notification to the client (terminal where we typed user name and password). If this is successful, it gives a success notification.

I am doing this using Swings. Also I want all the communication taking place between the server and the client in the form of XML files. being a new to Swings I am facing certain difficulty.

I will appreciate your suggestions and help in this regard.

Thanks and regards,

Sarib

#2 isuru

isuru

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

I think, best way to do that is XML-RPC with Java. XML-RPC in Java programming
And here is a basic tutorial on RPC. 3.2. Java XML-RPC Tutorial
You must have a good knowledge of XML DMBS(Database management System) to build a good database system.
Lost!