Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

- - - - -

PDF in Dreamweaver, Help please!

pdf

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_changoo_*

Guest_changoo_*

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:55 AM

Hi,
I have recently started creating HTML E-Shots using Dreamweaver, which are then emailed to our customers.
I have very little experience in Dreamweaver although I know enough to create fairly simple HTML pages, I have never had any problems with linking images before although when linking PDFs it doesnt seem to work.
I would be grateful for any advice anyone can offer.
Cheers

#2 H3LIOS

H3LIOS

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand.. Are you attempting to display PDF previews? Or are you just attempting to link actual PDFs for download?

If you're attempting to display PDFs as EShots, then you'd require a little more than HTML know how.

Although, if you're just trying to create linkable PDF downloads, you need to create associations in your webserver. The problem isn't in the link, it's in the associations your server makes with the files you make available for download. Also, try linking the whole hypertext.

ALSO... Since you may be having issues with the webserv association.. You may want to consider implementing an an easier method for public domain file sharing...
FlexShare - PHP Scripts - CodeCanyon

You set up a database, the php/flex code handles the rest. It has an easily manageable GUI for you to upload files to.

I hope this helps!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pdf

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download