Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Birthday CodeCall!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#13 lor

lor

Programming Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Woooooooooooooooo Happy Birthday

I came here because I was getting flamed on my other forum lol & I wanted somewhere drama free. I came here to mostly be part of the community and bump shoulders with members and gain some new e-mates n all that because I share the same interest as a lot of you guys & it's hard finding another person like that irl... Besides people who study IT, I'm talking outside uni.
So yeah with that these two other guys and I created an IRC and tried hooking up with a popular forum, found CC through Google & the CC IRC was empty but Jordan didn't think any members would join. I reckon if someone started a channel now it wouldn't be that empty... I can see like 5 loyal members going there ~everyday and then gradually others start joining.
ANYWAY yeah so then once that idea was turned down I didn't come on for like 4 months and then I decided I'd come back and see wussup.
If you enjoy reading this discussion and are thinking about commenting, why not click here to register and start participating in under a minute?

#14 Voiden

Voiden

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

\\\ ,
                          \ `|
                           ) (   .-""-.
                           | |  /_  {  '.
                           | | (/ `\   } )
                           | |  ^/ ^`}   {
                           \  \ \=  ( {   )
                            \  \ '-, {   {{
                             \  \_.'  ) }  )
                              \.-'   (     (
                              /'-.'_. ) (  }
                              \_(    {   _/\
                               ) '--' `-;\  \
                           _.-'       /  / /
                    <\/>_.'         .'  / /
                <\/></\>/.  '      /<\// /
                </\>  _ |\`- _ . -/|<// (
             <\/>    - _- `  _.-'`_/- |  \
             </\>        -  - -  -     \\\
              }`<\/>                <\/>`{
              { </\>-<\/>_<\/>_<\/>-</\> }
              }      </\> </\> </\>      {
                 <\/>.                         <\/>
                 </\>                          </\>
                {`<\/>                     <\/>`}
         } </\>-<\/>_<\/>_<\/>_<\/>-</\> {
            {      </\> </\> </\> </\>           }
            }                                                }
            {           h a p p y                       {
         <\/>        b i r t h d a y             <\/>
         </\>                                          </\>
          `<\/>                                       <\/>'
        </\>-<\/>_<\/>_<\/>_<\/>_<\/>-</\>
                 </\> </\> </\> </\> </\>

EDIT: ASCII fail much, o well its about the gesture i guess :-P

#15 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

I added code tags around your ASCII art - it preserves white space. :)

#16 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

Happy Birthday CodeCall

I joined in early 2008. I was looking for a programming forum sense the one i was on before had a really spiteful old man that flamed every post any one made ..... he was a mod. I did a Yahoo! search and found this site. I liked the environment so i stayed. I have attempted to leave a few times but I find myself browsing the forum anyway looking at the different discussions picking up things i did not know by looking at other peoples problems and posting my own problems. Unfortunitly after all this time I'm still not good enough to help any one but maybe some day I will be able to help people with their problems.
Posted Image

#17 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 19 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

Jordan spammed comp.sci.programming and I followed the link on a whim.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#18 fedlerner

fedlerner

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

Happe birthday from Argentina!!!
I found CodeCall on Google!! It's a great forum with a lot of great people willing to help each other!.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a Chat where people could chat about programming, exchange ideas and news, and keep updated with all the latest stuff.

Regards,
Federico.-

#19 chax

chax

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Perl, PL/SQL, Lisp, Assembly, Fortran, VBScript

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

Happy Birthday CodeCall.
I found this site on the Google. I was struggling hard with C basics at that time.
Size does matter for science and its laws changes accordingly.

#20 Jarryd

Jarryd

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:36 AM

I found this forum on google a few months ago (#1 on the list :D) and decided to stay for plenty of reason, The main is that the codecall community is massive, and everyone is so nice, and polite Another reason is that everyone has much knowledge to share, no question goes un-answered! :)

#21 dbug

dbug

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'm quite new to this forum. I found it when I was tired of some other thematics in other forums and I decided to search google for a forum specific to programming. I don't remember if it was the first entry or not but I liked it, so I registered. I was also searching for an english forum to help me improve my knowledge of it (this is still a work in progress :rolleyes:). I like to investigate and find the source of the problems, and I also like to learn everything I can, so I enjoyed very much some of the questions I answered.

Now I'm a bit disconnected because I have a lot less time to spend here (current work is quite time demanding). Hope I can return soon.

Happy birthday

#22 ethikz

ethikz

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Well I was looking for programming forums in Google and I think this was in the Top 5 so I clicked, I saw, I registered and here I am :)

#23 TeenChristian

TeenChristian

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

I found Codecall right after I started learning C++. The website with all of the tutorials I use hosted its own forums, but things there where slow and I wasn't getting what I needed. So I found Codecall, was impressed by the quickness of answered questions, and on top of that I loved the community. For me CodeCall isn't just a place to learn about programming, but a place also to meet new people with similar goals as you :)

Anyhow, Thanks CodeCall! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
My Personal Blog l Learning C++ l I'll be famous soon enough.

#24 gokuajmes

gokuajmes

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

I was into .NEt a year ago and Was searching for C# hello world programs, smashing to find CodeCall placed first (sweet) , I immediately joined the forum(back then codecall had a frontpage along with forum) I came to learn a lot from Davide and Basic tutorials here from the "Huge number of sections and Tutorials" i participated in several contests and also Won the Last You tube Tutorial Contest :D (James was back then aDMIN) Now too i enjoy every minute out in these forums.. Keep up the Good Work CodeCall Team and My Wishes for codeCall o become another site like CodeDigest.
[btw i was thinking of teaching how to make custom controls for .NET, will be requiring some members help i suppose]

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download