Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Birthday CodeCall!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Five years ago, today, CodeCall was created with the intent to help others, share ideas, and create a community of people who share a common passion for programming. Thanks to you, each year we have grown bigger in both users and content, and closer together as a community. I would personally like to thank the steadfast members who come back day after day and contribute their knowledge, whether minimal or massive, every little bit is appreciated. You are the reason we are still here today, and why we will be here tomorrow.

I would also like to give a special thanks to the staff for keeping our forums clean of spam, and mediating conflicts as they arise.

If you remember, tell us how you found CodeCall, or what keeps you here today, or what you would like to see in the future.

In celebration, everyone who replies to this thread will receive +rep!

#2 DEViANT

DEViANT

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Sweet. I found CodeCall looking for Java Programming Forums. It was like #3 on google's first page or something :) What kept me here was my desire to to improve, and help out where I can. Happy Birthday CodeCall!

Rep nao kthx :D

:D You should rep+ me so that I can win :D

My Blog | Ask me!
Error : Satan did it

#3 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:38 PM

We were number three!?? Good to know, we need to fix that. :)

#4 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

Thank you to all the members of the community who made CodeCall what it was today, what really makes this place special (and why I came here of course) is the bond the community shares between the staff and the members, where there are all sorts of quirky regulars that love to freely address their ideas and help other throughout. It truly is a privilege to be able to help out when I can with you guys.

How about you John, what made you join?

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

#5 John

John

CC Mentor

• 4450 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

About four and a half years ago, I was working as a developer for a small company that created themes/templates for a content management system. One day our company site had a new affiliate link to a Programming Forum. I ignored it, until one day I was struggling with my Java homework (I was a college freshman at the time). So I followed the link, came here, asked for help on my homework, and got flamed. I thought "this forum really sucks at answering questions, perhaps I will try to answer a few." So, I stuck around and started sharing what I know with others.

#6 Bujbuj

Bujbuj

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Programming Language:C
  • Learning:Java, C#, (Visual) Basic, JavaScript, Assembly

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

lol I have found it at Google, looking for 'programming forums'. It is a great place. What keeps me in us the need for help(lol?). Greetings CodeCall, Happy birthday!

Posted Image
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

#7 Vswe

Vswe

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, Python, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Visual Basic .NET, Lua, ActionScript

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

Found it through google, first hit on "programming forum". For the full story you could read my old blog post about it http://forum.codecal...ht-changes.html :) In real life I doesn't have any programmer friends so I guess that's why I'm staying. And I'm pretty sure I don't need that +rep :P

#8 hampustagerud

hampustagerud

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, Python, JavaScript, ActionScript
  • Learning:C, C++, Objective-C, Assembly

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:56 AM

I needed help with some Visual Basic .Net questions so I searched for a forum and found this... Didn't get any help so I didn't come back until I got a mail with responses to my old threads some months ago. I'm not very active here but I want to since it seems like a nice community. I'm trying to help people here but since I don't have any "official" education in those languages I know I often leave the answering part to the pros;) So my visits here are mainly when I need help in some way and I am glad to say that I get the help I need when I ask something here now:thumbup:

#9 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:33 AM

I came here a long time ago now. I was creating a web application, and needed some help on solving tricky parts. At the time, I hadn't been programming for many years, but had experience for many years before my pause. I started to like the place pretty soon, and got into the CodeCall family in The lounge. This was now three years ago. since then, I've been here to and fro, all depending on my real life events, like university studies in information systems for the last 1½ year.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#10 Irfan_A

Irfan_A

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Happy birthday CodeCall...

>> tell us how you found CodeCall : I found at google with keyword Programming Forum, and CodeCall was there at #1 position, I visited and I found CodeCall was active forum with many programming languages supported, and name of CodeCall was very interested to me, so I decided to become CodeCaller.

>> what keeps you here today : Sharing knowledge, get knowledge about programming, improve my programming skill, refreshing with only read posts, comments, blogs, or any events at CodeCall.

>> what you would like to see in the future : I hope CodeCall still become popular programming forum, with unique forum interface and unique icons for every categories (not default interface and icons from vBulletin), increase about programmming topics not web hosting offers because CodeCall is programming forum, not web hosting and domain forum.

Anyway, thank you CodeCall, you have been with me for almost a year now.

#11 PETTE

PETTE

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

It is a great community really.

I can't remember how I found codecall but it wasn't through a search engine. I joined some time later when I found it. What keeps me here is because it's the only programming site that I know dedicated to Programming only.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway.

#12 Ryanw327

Ryanw327

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Happy Birthday CodeCall !

I am new here and the community has been very helpful as a new student to programming I googled programming forums and here you are. WingedPanther has been a big help, Thanks WP. I am also posting open programming jobs in the request services thread, no luck yet. I'll keep posting them though.

I'm currently looking for a Java Programmer in Augusta ME 3-4 month contract. Check the request threads for full job description :)

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download