Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Trying to install Ubuntu

setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chessur

Chessur

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

Hey,

I've installed Ubuntu before on my other machine but I wanted to get it for the other machine I've got, but halfway through the process of installing Ubuntu it gives me an error;

"Checksum error on line 42, could not process" and the installation cancels and my machine restarts.

I've been looking around a bit for a solution and there are other people who's had the same problem, seems to have been a problem with their BIOS or something, so I checked my BIOS just to make sure but I found nothing wrong, and I simply can't install Ubuntu. The CD I use is the same as when I installed it on my first machine, so I believe there's nothing wrong with that, since it worked.

My machine is about 3 years old, could there be some hardware issues here, or drivers issues or something really weird?

#2 NoSkill

NoSkill

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

I belive it can be common problem on the older machines. your cd/dvd-rom is just used up and doesnt read so precisely as a new one. and You got the error.

Or something is not compatible with the distro itself youll need to check compabillity list of Ubuntu. If this will not work you can allways try to install some other distro like OpenSUSE or such >_>

I'm sorry that i can't be more precise atm on the subject. I will try to look up something up about this topic.

My regards,
NoSkill.

Edit

If you could describe problem more eg. in witch part of instalation the error is, witch package is being installed etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: setup

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download