Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

IE8 & Opera 10 Form Submit Problem

ie8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 FAMFred

FAMFred

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hello All,

I am in the process of designing a pretty simple form with just a handful of fields - a unique id field, name, email and a captcha verification field. When I test the form out of Firefox and Chrome everything works just fine. The print_r($_POST) output is

Array ( [subid] => f528764d624db129b32c21fbca0cb8d6 [monik] => name [email] => email [capt] => ela ) - all fields present and correct as expected.

However, both IE and Opera seem to swallow up the captcha field. print_r($_POST) gives

Array ( [subid] => f528764d624db129b32c21fbca0cb8d6 [monik] => name [email] => email )

Is there a known bug/issue that is causing this behavior?

I'd much appreciate any help.

#2 Alexander

Alexander

YOL9

• 3963 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PHP, Assembly

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

It would help to tell us what type of CAPTCHA implementation you are using, especially the physical form tags. Firefox is a forgiving browser and may allow incorrectly formed HTML in case of the form elements, or it could be an infinite other possibilities from what you have told us.

All new problems require investigation, and so if errors are problems, try to learn as much as you can and report back.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download