Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

html or xhtml?

XHTML HTML xhtml

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HelloWORLDz

HelloWORLDz

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:12 AM

Tell me, what html do you use and why

I use xhtml because of its strictness and i find it just the most harmonious way to make a webpage.

It also made me code in more accessible and seo optimized way

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:10 AM

xHTML, when creating new code. That said, I don't always validate it as well as I'd like. For modifying existing code, I usually stick with what's there, as I'm not into doing massive rewrites if it's sloppy HTML.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 akinozil

akinozil

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:39 AM

I only use XHTML when creating a new web-pages because it is more standardized. In the future, standardization of web pages will be of great value and simple web page will not work properly.

#4 Drew

Drew

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

Heya folks,

I use a combination of HTML and xHTML. I use the strictness of xHTML with the flexibility of HTML by just coding naturally and making small webpages by using common coding standards. Unfortunately I can't vote on the poll becuse you don't have a "BOTH" option.

Websites are already standards, and they already use HTML/xHTML. This will NEVER change. I always have my x/HTML formatted correctly and neat. Unless it's a block that I don't want modified or understandable. .. . but that's just so that people can see and easily read/understand the code. Comments would not be visible in the x/HTML because the comments are in the PHP at the backend.

#5 tossy

tossy

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:15 PM

I use HTML, HTMLhypertext markup makes parts of a document into links to other documents
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips
<a href="http://www.getzephyr.com">Test Management</a>

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download