Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Releasing project with SQLite

sqlite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nick3

nick3

CC Regular

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:33 AM

Hey,

I have a problem when using SQLite, everything works perfectly when running from visual studio, but as soon as I try to run the files on a different computer the program crash at start. I tryed making a really small program with the database and get the same problem, do I need to do something with my project to make it run on an other computer?

/Nick

#2 cdg10620

cdg10620

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Others

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hey,

I have a problem when using SQLite, everything works perfectly when running from visual studio, but as soon as I try to run the files on a different computer the program crash at start. I tryed making a really small program with the database and get the same problem, do I need to do something with my project to make it run on an other computer?

/Nick

Is your program needing databases information to run? If so, and you're not able to access the SQL information that you will most likely get some sort of Sql.Exception. Just from your post it sounds like the application is not able to retrieve the SQL data. Where are you publishing to? Is that location able to retrieve the SQL data properly? Is there an authentication error? Please provide more information if the above doesn't help.
-CDG10620
Software Developer

#3 Orjan

Orjan

CC Mentor

• 2918 posts
  • Programming Language:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Pascal
  • Learning:Java, C#

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:57 AM

cdg10620: SQLite is a DBMS using a datafile instead of a big server, so there is no authentication and things. just a storage file.

I'm a System developer at XLENT Consultant Group mainly working with SugarCRM.
Please DO NOT send mail or PM to me with programming questions, post them in the appropriate forum instead, where I and others can answer you.

#4 cdg10620

cdg10620

CC Addict

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Programming Language:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL, Transact-SQL, VBScript, Others

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:04 AM

cdg10620: SQLite is a DBMS using a datafile instead of a big server, so there is no authentication and things. just a storage file.

Allow me to insert foot in mouth. My apologies.
-CDG10620
Software Developer

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download