7 replies to this topic

#1 James.H

James.H

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:43 PM

In this tutorial you will learn how to make a simple calculator with Visual C# 2008 Express.

Created by Davide.

Part 1/2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH_N169lLY

For part 2 click here:

YouTube - Visual C# Programming Video Tutorial: How to make a simple calculator Part 2 - Codecall.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWpHB_-bOgg

Please rate 5 stars and subscribe!

----------------------------------

If anyone one is wondering how to embedd youtube vids on the forum, simply click on Posted Image in the toolbar above and enter the video link there.

For example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW7oyzv2SIc

To embedd this vid, simply enter the URL after clicking onPosted Image.

Edited by Roger, 07 August 2010 - 09:26 AM.

#2 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:59 AM

Yay, but i expected the tutorial to be in a better quality. Please add some of those "bubbles" in the vid so that viewers can understand what i am writing in the comments. I am not talking about the big notepad font, but the one from Visual Studio, that is tiny and barely readable.
Next one coming soon.
Are you a newbie programmer trying to learn C#? Check out my small tutorial: Visual C# Programming Basics

#3 James.H

James.H

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

ok will do my best.

#4 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:07 AM

Ok, i keep getting a DataBase error from the forum when i want to PM you so i will just say it here:

Virtualization_Tutorial.avi - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

New tut.
Are you a newbie programmer trying to learn C#? Check out my small tutorial: Visual C# Programming Basics

#5 James.H

James.H

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:45 AM

Thanks, am fixing the db errors as we speak.

#6 Qaletaqa

Qaletaqa

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:31 AM

There are still some "bugs".

It doesn't work that well when using the keyboard to calculate, like if you press the "+" key the textbox will contain a "+" sign in it (same for the other signs), it's also possible to get multiple decimals that way, and you can't use "enter" key to get the outcome (equal button).

Nevertheless it was a good tutorial, very well explained and it is what the title said it is... which is simple. It helped me alot.

Anyway if you have time, can you tell me how to get those bugs solved using your example. I looked at other tutorials about making calculators but they don't make sense to me :sleep:, most of them use arrays, switches, event handlers, etc... or they use an older version, Visual Studio 2005 or earlier, I use the 2008 and 2010 Express Editions. For a beginner like me that isn't simple (been learning it for a week so euhm... yeah).

#7 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:02 AM

I have a better one, but it's not video: Visual C# Programming Basics

#8 gokuajmes

gokuajmes

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

Davide is there a better quality video of that calculator application ,naah could you post your source code as attachment with the post