Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

HELP. Need help with HTML

HTML

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robert2891

Robert2891

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:52 AM

Hi,
Firstly, I am not a programmer. All my programmers are off on holidays this week and I urgently need to change something.

I have a HTML template in eBay. On the right hand side of this template, I have links to categories in my eBay store. I realised that if I was to have 1000 products and I created one extra category, I would have to edit all 1000 listings individually to add the new link to the new category on the right hand side.

I was thinking it would be good to have the right hand link column pointing to a file on my server, so that all I have to do is add the link to that file, and then all of the listings would pick that up.

I know how to change the code to point to a different image, but I am guessing with this one, it is going to be a case that it needs to point to a file with the image and all of the links on the column image. Is this possible - if so, what is the code for this?

Really urgent, thanks in advance.

#2 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

The only way to do that would be to use an IFRAME tag. Depending on how your template is built, you may be able to upload your file to ebay's server and then have the template pull it in, but it really depends on what the template is doing.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#3 Robert2891

Robert2891

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:28 AM

I have been looking into it more since I posted - would it be a case of using an image map?
I created an image map, however, the image map needs to be on my server, so that the ebay template can get the map from there and I only have to edit it on the server then. I don't know where to find the info on how to link a HTML template to another HTML file on my server.

#4 WingedPanther73

WingedPanther73

A spammer's worst nightmare

• 17757 posts
  • Programming Language:C, C++, PL/SQL, Delphi/Object Pascal, Pascal, Transact-SQL, Others
  • Learning:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Lisp, Fortran, Haskell, Others

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:31 AM

I don't think you can. The IFRAME lets you load from a different server.

As for the image map, that sounds like a more complicated solution. However, without seeing any code, it's hard to comment precisely.

Programming is a branch of mathematics.
My CodeCall Blog | My Personal Blog

My MineCraft server site: http://banishedwings.enjin.com/

#5 Lillian

Lillian

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:07 AM

Hi, What is IFRAME tag...?

#6 semprance

semprance

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:55 AM

HTML iframe tag

#7 mings

mings

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

thank you for your forum.It's helpful for me.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download