Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Aug
    KodeKool

When faced with a wall of errors and no hope to fix them, remember the following "Programs always do what you tell them to, and seldom what you want them to, but eventually you'll run out of things that can go wrong and it'll just work. and that's the secret to good programming."

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Developed by Kemal Taskin
Photo
- - - - -

Unity 3d tutorial - part 1

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:45 AM

Text Version Of Unity 3D Tutorial Part 1

Welcome to the first tutorial For Unity 3D. Unity 3D is one of the top class game engine currently on the market. There are 2 versions of Unity , Unity 3D 3rd Party Version. And Unity 3D Pro.
Unity 3rd Party will cost you nothing and you can get it from this Link:

UNITY: Download

Note: To get the pro version you will need to download from the link above , then select pro trial when registering.

Okay so once you have downloaded Unity we are need to go to your desktop and select the desktop icon "Unity".

Once loaded we are going to click on "File" in the top left hand corner , we are then going to select "New Project". We Are going to call this project "3DCF" , we also need to select the toonshader.unitypackage which will be below the project Destination Path. Once you have done that , click create.
Posted Image

Now We need to Create a Cube , go into to GameObject Select , Create other and then select "Cube".
Posted Image
Go over to the properties of the cube and set the position of X , Y and Z to 0
Making the object easier to work with.

Now you need to download this file:Charmovejs
This is the character controller , it will make it possible for your character to move using the arrow keys.

We now need to import this asset , to do so right click in the project panel (Green Area Highlighted in image). We then need to navigate to our charmove.js file and click Import.

Posted Image

Once we have imported we need to click on the cube in the Hierarchy (Blue Area in image Below). We then need to click on Component , then on physics and then on character controller. Once we have done this we then need to find the charmove.js in the project view, to find this simply type in Charmove.js in the search field. Once you have found it we need to drag this onto the cube that we just created in the project view ( NOT the 3D view as it will not work).
Posted Image

Well thats all ive got time for tonight , i hope this has came in handy for you lot , i will bring out another tutorial tomorrow and the first part of the youtube series will also be out tomorrow!.

Cheers for your time!

Attached Images

• pic1part1text.jpg

Edited by Blimp, 07 January 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#2 James.H

James.H

CC Devotee

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:25 AM

Good tutorial and easy to follow, just downloaded unity and playing around with it.

+ rep!

#3 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:36 PM

Good tut +rep.:)

BTW whats the your youtube channel so I can look at it.
There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#4 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C++, C#, PHP, (Visual) Basic, Python, JavaScript, Transact-SQL

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

Youtube video is not actually up yet , its called Codecall although it doesnt have any videos yet , i created the video earlier but got absolutely owned by my laptop when i realised the mic wasnt plugged in , unless somebody can edit the sound for me so it will play my voice louder? , great thanks if you can :)!

#5 CommittedC0der

CommittedC0der

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Programming Language:C#
  • Learning:C#, JavaScript, PL/SQL

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

OK, I think I looked at that channel yesterday when I was looking at stuff. BTW what are you using to edit the video.
There IS a war going on for your mind.
Nothing of eternal significance happens besides prayer.

#6 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

Im using Sony Vegas iv completed the video now but im just creating an intro :)

#7 arkanion

arkanion

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:27 PM

thanks

#8 GLEST

GLEST

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

I just want to say something about your tutorial, great tutorial and all, but at the first pic it says that google chrome has Unity3d tutorial open, just a little mistake anyways ^^

#9 GMVResources

GMVResources

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 03:25 PM

Nice tut overall now im not sure which game engine to pick lmao :D

#10 CuzImAwesome

CuzImAwesome

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

Nice tut overall now im not sure which game engine to pick lmao :D

Yeah lol me to! :)

#11 Blimp

Blimp

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

I just want to say something about your tutorial, great tutorial and all, but at the first pic it says that google chrome has Unity3d tutorial open, just a little mistake anyways ^^

I was using some other guys tutorial for myself before, didn't know how to use shaders back then!