Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Java Book

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Prototype

Prototype

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi. I am looking for a Java book that I can go buy to prepare for my future compeitions. I need a book that has most of the stuff like most books don't have recursion. This is for the UIL competitions and there are questions that try to trick you because books don't teach you it.

#2 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:39 PM

Um what kind of things are you looking for in the book? The site in your signature has a decent section on recursion.

#3 Sinipull

Sinipull

CC Addict

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 03:17 PM

What's so hard about recursion anyway? Once you'll understand the concept, it's just about the logic...

#4 chili5

chili5

CC Mentor

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3038 posts
  • Programming Language:Java, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL
  • Learning:C, Java, C++, C#, PHP, JavaScript, Ruby, Transact-SQL, Assembly, Scheme, Haskell, Others

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

Nothing really; but when first learning recursion it can be a bit confusing as to why it works. The tricky part is coming to grips with how it works.

#5 Coldhearth

Coldhearth

CC Resident

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

I'm using Deitel - Java How To Program 6th edition :) Very good book in my opinion.

#6 Guest_R3.RyozKidz_*

Guest_R3.RyozKidz_*

Posted 19 December 2009 - 10:28 AM

Mine also Deitel - Java How To Program 7th edition ..~ good book..~
im learning java by all myself currently ..~ and java will be my next sems subject..~ quite easy when u have the basic programming skill like C ..~ haha..~
And i still have a lot to learn and interesting in learning ..~ hopefully i can get my very first book on how to do scripting..~

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download