Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Query error - SQL Syntax

SQL syntax

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Devana

Devana

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:32 AM

I'm working on a new website and was about to add some items via my admin panel, and I got this error:

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ',0, '1', 'a:4:{s:4:\"stat\";s:6:\"energy\";s:3:\"dir\";s:3:\"pos\";s:8:\"inc_typ' at line 1
Query was INSERT INTO items VALUES('',1,'gkh','1451',,,0, '1', 'a:4:{s:4:\"stat\";s:6:\"energy\";s:3:\"dir\";s:3:\"pos\";s:8:\"inc_type\";s:7:\"percent\";s:10:\"inc_amount\";i:50;}', '0', 'a:4:{s:4:\"stat\";s:6:\"energy\";s:3:\"dir\";s:3:\"pos\";s:8:\"inc_type\";s:6:\"figure\";s:10:\"inc_amount\";i:0;}', '0', 'a:4:{s:4:\"stat\";s:6:\"energy\";s:3:\"dir\";s:3:\"pos\";s:8:\"inc_type\";s:6:\"figure\";s:10:\"inc_amount\";i:0;}', 0, 0)

The error should be here, somewhere:

$itmname=$_POST['itmname'];$itmdesc=$_POST['itmdesc'];$weapon=abs((int) $_POST['weapon']);$armor=abs((int) $_POST['armor']);if($_POST['itmbuyable'] == 'on') { $itmbuy=1; } else { $itmbuy=0; }$db->query("DELETE FROM items WHERE itmid={$_POST['itmid']}",$c);$efx1=$db->escape(serialize(array("stat" => $_POST['effect1stat'], "dir" => $_POST['effect1dir'], "inc_type" => $_POST['effect1type'], "inc_amount" => abs((int) $_POST['effect1amount']))));$efx2=$db->escape(serialize(array("stat" => $_POST['effect2stat'], "dir" => $_POST['effect2dir'], "inc_type" => $_POST['effect2type'], "inc_amount" => abs((int) $_POST['effect2amount']))));$efx3=$db->escape(serialize(array("stat" => $_POST['effect3stat'], "dir" => $_POST['effect3dir'], "inc_type" => $_POST['effect3type'], "inc_amount" => abs((int) $_POST['effect3amount']))));$m=$db->query("INSERT INTO items VALUES('{$_POST['itmid']}',{$_POST['itmtype']},'$itmname','$itmdesc',{$_POST['itmbuyprice']},{$_POST['itmsellprice']},$itmbuy, '{$_POST['effect1on']}', '$efx1', '{$_POST['effect2on']}', '$efx2', '{$_POST['effect3on']}', '$efx3', $weapon, $armor)");print "The {$_POST['itmname']} Item was edited successfully.";stafflog_add("Edited item {$_POST['itmname']}");}

Could anyone please help me locate the problem? :)

#2 LiLMsNinja

LiLMsNinja

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

There's some values not getting passed into the query...

Query was INSERT INTO items VALUES('',1,'gkh','1451',,,0, '1', 'a:4:{s:4

You need to pass something between these commas.

#3 Devana

Devana

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:52 AM

There's some values not getting passed into the query...

Query was INSERT INTO items VALUES('',1,'gkh','1451',,,0, '1', 'a:4:{s:4

You need to pass something between these commas.

Maybe a stupid question, but how do I do that?

#4 LiLMsNinja

LiLMsNinja

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

The thing is i don't know PHP... so you'll have to find the spot where you are trying to pass a value into those locations of the query and fix it. Either by adding exception handling where if no value is needed then remove the comma. Or, by populating NULL between the commas.

#5 Devana

Devana

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'll test a little and see what happens. If anyone else has some ideas or something more concrete, please let me know. Thanks :-)

#6 LiLMsNinja

LiLMsNinja

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:23 AM

You're going to have to post moar code if you want something more concrete. Try the PHP forums.

#7 Devana

Devana

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 11:24 AM

Problem fixed. Thanks for the help :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SQL, syntax

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download