Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Download Script?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#49 BASHERS33

BASHERS33

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:39 AM

Well nobody really answering any of my topics at all anymore, but in case someone feels like answering:

1. I am having a couple weird issues. First of all in the window/tab for the download (before you select whether to open or save it to your computer) it says "0% of index.php", but the popup/progress bar says file name "test.zip". And when opening or saving it, it properly gives the zip file. So why it it called index.php as the window title?

2. If I use the code on the front page of my app it has the popup come up properly asking whether to open or save it. However if I instead make a function test() that has to be run it starts out as a minimized window flashing (IE8) rather than an open dialog box/progress bar.

3. Is there any reason to have the content-type header as force-download as opposed to octet/stream?

edit: In firefox the popup comes up fine. It's just in IE something weird going on.

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download