Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Are you buying Snow Leopard?

mac

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#13 DarkLordoftheMonkeys

DarkLordoftheMonkeys

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

No, I like my Leopard. And there are plenty of other cat names they can use: Ocelot, Lynx, Lion, Mountain Lion, Bobcat, Serval, and Wildcat to name a few.
Life's too short to be cool. Be a nerd.

#14 zeroradius

zeroradius

Speaks fluent binary

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1085 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

. **, Windows 7 is $129, wtf?

depends the quantity you want (if home premium) my dad bought the family 3 pack for $149 and gave me two of the seats as an early Christmas present. That comes out to $50 a piece which isn't bad at all

Link to it: Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack - Buy and download from Microsoft Store
Posted Image

#15 TkTech

TkTech

The Crazy One

• Retired Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 04:19 AM

Mac OS's are a *nix variant (bsd, I think) with a GUI front end.
I prefer to get my *nix variant for FREE.

You might of guessed that by my "debtboy" name/handle. :laugh:

Suit yourself, but when you buy OS X part of the money goes back into Darwin, the open source core of OS X.

Also, BSD + MACH -> NeXT -> OS X. Apple was originally going to buy BeOS, but that flopped and they settled for NeXT.
Helpful CODECALL Links: Join Us, Guidelines, FAQ, Post a Tutorial

#16 Super2cool

Super2cool

CC Newcomer

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 01:32 PM

A Mac looks awesome and it can perform nearly everything that Windows can. It meets all my needs, but it is just too expensive. When I can afford a Mac, I will get one until then Windows will have to do.

#17 Davide

Davide

CC Devotee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:43 AM

If they made it so that it would run on a non-apple PC then I'd buy a copy if only to see what all the fuss is about, but my curiosity isn't enough to make me want to but a Mac.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the latest ubuntu can tempt me away from Mint. I doubt it but it would be rude not to check it out.

If it came out for PC itwould be useless for Apple. They use the OS to sell their hardware. Would you buy a Mac if it wouldn't for the OS?

I recommend Mac OS X for PC :). Cheap and good (good enough to write programs for it).

#18 TimVim

TimVim

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

I bought a new Mac which came with Snow Leopard unavoidably. The OS is actually a slight improvement in addition to the NSA internet packets I have detected that it sends out upon closing and opening an internet connection.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download