Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Is it possible to hack gmail or hotmail using a script?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 relapse

relapse

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:19 AM

My friend has a hotmail account and my other friend (the douchebag) has a gmail account. I was thinking of how I could hack into their accounts and send the other one some hatemail, for grins. Wtf would crack these accounts? A brute force script would be blocked to quickly and have the chance of notifying them. What do you think?

#2 marwex89

marwex89

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:25 AM

You're mad.. :D
Hey! Check out my new Toyota keyboaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#3 relapse

relapse

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:30 AM

Why?

#4 marwex89

marwex89

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2857 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:33 AM

Well, you asked what I thought :D Seriously, though, hacking gmail/hotmail is really not worth it for fun. They have protected themselves pretty well, I guess, after all the attempts there has been.

#5 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

Bruteforce is the only "script" way of doing it.

You could try to guess it. Most people who do not use computers all that much usually just use lowercase and maybe number for passwords, they usually dont do random letters either, they use a word or something. This method would be called social engineering.

Like Marwex just said, it probably is not worth it to make a script.

However if you know their passwords, you could make a script to spam them or something :D

Edit:
You *could* spoof the email, say its from the other guy without knowing his password though.

#6 Guest_Jordan_*

Guest_Jordan_*

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:41 AM

Social engineering comes into mind. Just try to trick them out of their passwords or simply watch over their shoulder as they type it in. Don't make it over complicated, it is very easy to steal a password using these methods.

#7 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:59 AM

If you know a little bit of PHP you could easily find a way to make a fake login page, set it as the homepage on their computer or something, they may not even notice the URL.

#8 marwex89

marwex89

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • 2857 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:06 AM

If you know a little bit of PHP you could easily find a way to make a fake login page, set it as the homepage on their computer or something, they may not even notice the URL.

LOL that's epic :thumbup:

#9 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

Of course, you should never do this at home! It is for informational purposes only in order to inform you on how to protect yourself!! [/Ignored Disclaimer]

<.<
>.>

#10 relapse

relapse

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

Social engineering comes into mind. Just try to trick them out of their passwords or simply watch over their shoulder as they type it in. Don't make it over complicated, it is very easy to steal a password using these methods.

This sounds like a good idea.

A Phishing site? I like the idea but htf do I get them to it instead of Google/hotmail's real site? Changing the host file might work.

#11 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

Set is as your homepage, invite them over?

Go to the site on a public computer at school or something, tell them you sent them something really funny and ask them to login to see it real quick.

#12 tossy

tossy

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:50 PM

I feel if you have programming languages, then it's not become difficult to find out password. I think PHP can help.
Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips
<a href="http://www.getzephyr.com">Test Management</a>

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download