Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

PHP Totally sucks!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#25 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

I would hate to use a book to learn my first language (which I think you are?) it would be annoying and tedious, I have learned from books now but I usually just played around with it for a long time until I got the hang of it all.

#26 amrosama

amrosama

CC Mentor

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2765 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:21 AM

sdavis2702 already owns 2 wesites lol, learning by yourself without books can be fun and fast. i think the advantages i get from books are tricks and awesome tips
yo homie i heard you like one-line codes so i put a one line code that evals a decrypted one line code that prints "i love one line codes"
eval(base64_decode("cHJpbnQgJ2kgbG92ZSBvbmUtbGluZSBjb2Rlcyc7"));
www.amrosama.com | the unholy methods of javascript

#27 BlaineSch

BlaineSch

CC Leader

• Expert Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:22 AM

Yes books are good once you know what your doing IMO there are TONS of functions you will use on a regular basis that you will miss learning from the PHP website.

#28 sdavis2702

sdavis2702

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

yea like amrosama said, I already own a few sites. I know HTML, CSS and some Javascript and I'm currently working on a CIS degree... so I've got the logic down already. I'm also in Iraq so with my online schooling, my Soldiers and maintaining my websites with a HORRIBLE internet connection, reading this book at my own pace is my best bet. However, I don't spend most of my time in the book (which goes in line with what you're saying). I snatch a few nuggets from the book and run out on my own to play around. Many times now, I've gone to read the book and realized that I had already been doing what the book was now trying to teach me lol. I just read the book for the WHY... learning the HOW comes in all sorts of ways.... mainly by ** around.
My Name is Sean and I like codes and stuff...
NoobJunction.com | SuccessOnMyMind.com | ArmedForcesCarClub.com

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download