Check out our Community Blogs

Register and join over 40,000 other developers!

Recent Status Updates

View All Updates

Photo
- - - - -

Which Programming Language Should I Learn To Design My Website?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#37 toxifyshadow

toxifyshadow

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:42 PM

Learn html,css then if you wanted to make it interactive, php or javascript (I highly reccommend php) Then if you learn php you are going to want to learn sql.
Posted Image

#38 Mastspace

Mastspace

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

can you please tell me some ebook name or link for the biginner to start html and css thank you

Sam

#39 semprance

semprance

CC Addict

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:23 AM

Web Design In a Nutshell, Third Edition - O'Reilly

You can buy this as an ebook if you follow the link. Of course, you could obtain it from a more morally questionable source if you didn't fancy paying for it... :glare:

Edited by semprance, 12 April 2010 - 01:24 AM.
shpeling mishtke

#40 HelloWORLDz

HelloWORLDz

CC Lurker

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 06:05 AM

PHP, Ruby will help you make it more user friendly.

i don't think that counts for this context

Try learning html and css, then work on php/ruby; Server side programing is required for this sort of thing.
Or you could be lazy and use zencart.

#41 solartic

solartic

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

As suggested Its best to start off with HTML and CSS.

In terms of a server side language

PHP is a good options, its very popular and is very easy to setup compared to most other languages and its also pretty close to c/c++ in my opinion.
PHP is also open source which mean there is a lot of other free projects build around it.

There is also C# .net with you might which you might like since its closer to c/c++ in my opinion.(def not the same though)

Personally I've been looking into django for the last few weeks and I'm planning on starting to use it for future projects, reasons:
its open-source
I think it teaches some very good principles that help programmers to build secure sites, you can build secure sites in any modern framework but this seem to put the stuff right in your face.
good documentation
Its fast
Its seems to enable faster development compared to other languages.

NOTE:
its not as easy to deploy as say, so that might be a biger pain for a new user although i was able to set it up locally without much problems

#42 k4m1k4z1

k4m1k4z1

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Html and css. These will make the basic layout of your page. Once you have mostered those you should learn PHP so you can actually sell your products. Good luck!

#43 Csabi

Csabi

CC Resident

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

And if use for example the same header and footer for each page then you can create a file called header.html and one footer.html and include them using PHP. This way your website will be smaller and if you want to edit the header or the footer you will need to edit only one file. I think this is an important thing when starting a website.

#44 xle_camry

xle_camry

CC Addict

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

Yes, you are like me. I am also beginner, and i was knowing only C language. Last year i studied a HTML. It is the base of web language. Then pass to PHP. Try codes by WAMP if you are in windows. Now i am beginner in PHP. I wish you successes!

#45 lina

lina

CC Regular

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

In addition to C and C++ I think you'll need to have some programming abilities in PHP and JavaScript

#46 jun71178

jun71178

CC Newcomer

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

i think this software can help you..... you can make a web without using html or css.... just take time to explore every features of this software......
Artisteer 2.5.31067(Full)_Create fantastic looking Web site templates

Artisteer is the first and only Web design automation product that instantly creates fantastic looking, unique Web site templates and blog themes. Design awesome Wordpress Blogs and professional Web sites in minutes. Easy to use. No need to learn Photoshop, CSS, HTML or other technologies. Export as Wordpress theme, Drupal theme, Joomla template or DotNetNuke skin. Export as custom Web template. With Artisteer you immediately become a Web design expert, editing and slicing graphics, coding XHTML and CSS, and creating Web design templates and Wordpress themes - all in minutes, without Photoshop or Dreamweaver, and no technical skills.

Download Links:
UploadStore - Easy way to share your files

Free File Hosting, Online Storage & File Upload with FileServe

http://www.filesonic....-MESMERiZE.rar

Recommended from our users: Dynamic Network Monitoring from WhatsUp Gold from IPSwitch. Free Download